lil14kid
post Feb 7 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #2

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,763
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: Alltel

yes i orderd and recieved the 4gb mini sd and it works with no problems and reads as 3.88 gb its topram and highly recomended
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 7 2007, 05:59 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Cool, good info. Where and how much? Come back in a year and read the answer to the previous question, it'll probably seem really expensive.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Feb 7 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Gadget Junkie

56 shiped + a sd to usb flash drive

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Feb 8 2007, 04:20 AM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

ohmy.gif WOW! That isn't a bad deal at all. Where exactly did you get it from?

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Feb 10 2007, 01:31 AM
Post #6

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Feb 7 2007, 08:20 PM) *
ohmy.gif WOW! That isn't a bad deal at all. Where exactly did you get it from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOPRAM-4GB-4G-miniSD-m...1QQcmdZViewItem he sells them alot there highly recomended

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 10 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #7

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

Very interesting that it works in your 2125. I've been following a thread over at hofo's and the bottom line was 4G does not work in the SDA. Basically the same phone...key word being "basically" I guess. Since my phone is "basically" the same as the 2125 AND the SDA, it leaves me wondering which way mine leans? Would the 4G work in mine like your 2125, or fail like the SDA? I can see on the auction you linked to they specifically say it works with the SDA. The plot thickens... Looks like it might just cost me $50-something to find out! If all else fails, I guess I'll have a 4g thumb drive to use! smile.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Feb 11 2007, 03:07 AM
Post #8

Gadget Junkie

yea it mite be becuase im using fat 32 file system but i already put my 1st and 2th season of chappelles show and the matrix so far with 435 songs and a dozen music videos its still got over a gig left

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 12 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #9

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

lil14kid - can you be specific about what you did with the card once you removed it from it's packaging? Did you insert directly to your phone or, your PC? If it was your PC and you formated it, what exactly did you do? Please be specific so I can follow your directions. THANKS!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Feb 13 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #10

Gadget Junkie

once opened it was directly inserted and no formating was done it already came with fat 32 it read with no problem and work just like a 1gb mini sd

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 13 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #11

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

So, you inserted it directly into your phone and started moving entertainment files to it via ActiveSync?

How did you know it was fat32?

Also, I suppose since you've got lots of large video files and many music files that you used the included card reader to copy at least some of them from your PC to the storage card? Or, did you use ActiveSync to copy everything?

I've had problems in the past with the built-in card reader on my laptop rendering some (not all) SD and/or SD mini cards useless and needed to return them for a new one. On those occassions, I had the store where I bought the card format it on their computer before bringing it home and using it in my phone and laptop - which then worked fine. Since this is a one-shot-only deal for me (the card is un-returnable) I don't want to mess up!

Thanks for your help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Feb 14 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #12

Gadget Junkie

i only use active sync when it came to programs like tcpmp everything else was through the thumb drive which is lik 5x faster then using active sync but the memory card behaves well and is worth taking the risk if any i knew it was fat 32 becuase when i pluged it in and left clicked properties

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 14 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #13

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Got my 4g card today from the same place lil14kid linked to above.

I removed it from the packaging, inserted it in the included flash drive card reader and then copied everything from my current 2g mini SD card to it. Then I loaded on enough MP3s to push it past the 2g used point inserted it in my SDA and it works!

So, I tried it in my MDA and it works there too!

Thanks lil14kid for posting about your great find. I've been following threads on this subject on a few other sites and there hasn't been too much success. I'm glad you went first wink.gif and gave this card a shot.

Just going to add one caveat...this is a very early report of success. I've had the thing less than an hour. I'm going to make a separate thread on the 4g card info and will post there (and here) after I've ran the card for a few days to say if it's still going well. From what I'd read on other threads there are issues with slowdowns after awhile of using it. We'll see...

Back to the lab... wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Feb 16 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #14

Gadget Junkie

now on to 8gb hopefully soon to combat the iphone tongue.gif

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 16 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #15

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Well, there's trouble in River City my friends. At least, I'm having trouble. sad.gif

lil14kid - what format are your music files in?

The first day I had the 4G card it was playing the new MP3s I'd loaded on to the card without a problem. Then, it started freezing after about an hour of play. It froze 3 times yesterday and I had to pull the battery.

So, I spent some time changing my music files over from MP3 to WMA (that's the format all my music files are on my 2G card) and that seems to be going better. But, the phone still froze this AM. I'm working on getting all the MP3s off the storage card to see if that will fix it. <fingers crossed>.

Right now, I just tried to play a folder of MP3s and it won't even start playing so I switched to a playlist full of WMAs and it started playing right away. My expectation is it'll play for a bit then freeze at some point. Yup, just did. Now, if I'd not attempted to play the MP3s, my expectation would have been the WMA playlist would have played for hours.

I'll post again once all my files are in WMA format to say if that stopped the freezing issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 17 2007, 03:29 AM
Post #16

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Having all WMAs didn't fix it.

The other thread I started regarding this card is located here:
"4gb mini SD success, Cingular 2125, i-mate SP5m, and T-Mo SDA"

--------------------

+Quote Post
andrewpiner
post Mar 6 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 15,156
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen

Hey All,

Here are my $0.02...

I have an off the shelf, bought from Amazon Cingular 2125 and I just bought the cheapest 4GB miniSD I could find off ebay. I put it into my laptop to transfer over my music files(mostly mp3 with a few wma) and then put the drive into my phone and I was able to play music just fine. I have since been transferring my audio books from Audible and those are playing just fine also(I had to download a smaller stream file because of the software issues, but they play just fine).

The only thing I would note is that when I put it into my laptop, it asked me to format the drive and I did so as Fat32.

I haven't had any long term play issues, but then I never listen to music longer than my lunchbreak anyways.

I hope this helps some...

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Jul 9 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #18

Gadget Junkie

Hey update i just purchased a 4gig micro sd for about 60 4 my blackjack its sandisk so theres no problems

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 9 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Did you get the one on Amazon, or ebay? The only places I've found them available is through Amazon/ebay (both the same seller), and VZW. That's cool that the Blackjack is SD-HC compatible. So is my Mogul, so I plan on upgrading from the 2GB I have now when the prices drop a little.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 10 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #20

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

It is great to see memory prices still going down. Smeg brings up a good point on compatibility. Be sure to check what type of memory your phone can use before you make the memory purchase. Your phone manual will have the specs. You can check out the different memory configurations at the SD Association.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:50 AM