IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BlueTooth (on PPC) shuts itself off...NO MORE!, FIXED IN wm6...vanilla ROM does the trick
runningtiger
post May 8 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I installed a vanilla version of wm6 a week ago and the problem disappeared. BT now stays on indefinitely! I didn't try any other wm6 ROMs so I don't know if they fix the problem too.

Can't/won't answer any questions as to where to get the ROMs since it's against the rules of this forum. However, they're easy enough to find if you really want to find them.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 8 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Interesting. So how does this new development effect your main device? Are you going to make the jump from the Smartphone over to the PPC platform then?

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post May 9 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I'm still taking the PPC for a spin. So, I don't know yet. The bigger screen is for sure easier on my eyes since I now need reading glasses (just happened this year, and now I'm feeling old sad.gif ) . The BT thing being fixed makes it very possible I might make the jump.

I've had my eye on the Vox (which has a little bigger screen than my SP5m) but that led me to set my gaze a little further down the road and have been waiting for the Vox upgrade called Wings (expected later this year - since it has builtin GPS and a more robust processor etc). But, then, the i-mate Ultimate 8150 is interesting to me too since it's a PPC with a regular number keypad and no slide out QWERTY (that I never use on my MDA). I guess I'm going to have to wait until reviews for Wings and the 8150 are available before I make up my mind. Oh, that reminds me, the Ultimate line also has a FLIPPER version that I'm VERY curious about. laugh.gif

Bottom line, I don't know.

As for right now, I'm trying very hard to not take my SP5m out of the drawer and use it. I know it so well and have to "think" to use the PPC. I know that'll get better with time...so, I'm giving it time. I miss the small size of my SP5m though. Now, after using the MDA for awhile, my SP5m looks really small and cool to me. See, I just keep going back and forth! Oooh, one more thing, the battery life on my MDA is FANTASTIC using this vanilla ROM. That's a big deal to me as well since I listen to music and use WIFI quite a bit - both of which are big drains on a battery.

Hmmm, we'll see...

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:33 AM