zumazon
post Dec 25 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,256
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi Guys,

Newbie here. Just got an MPX200; flashed to WM2005 just now. Problem is, if i start an(y) application, it quickly exits to the home screen if there is no activity on my side (seconds).

I have tried setting the "confirmation time out" in the "settings" -> "accessibility" to various settings, including "none", but it's the same...

Any ideas? Have tried searching here and on google, and read the faqs, but to no avail.

Thanks. Great community here!
Zuma

This post has been edited by zumazon: Dec 25 2006, 08:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 25 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

My 200 doesn't have wm5 on it. But, I've had what sounds like the same problem you're having with my 220. The reg edit that I'm going to include below is exactly how my wm5 device was setup by default.
----
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem\ProgramMem

Change the value to 64 or 96 whichever give you the best performance.

This will increase the affectiveness of how Windows uses and manages memory of open programs.
----
I had to set my 220 to 96 to get the phone to leave programs open until I closed them using Task Manager. My 220 was originally set for 18. So, it seems the lower the number the shorter amount of time programs will stay open. I've never just pulled a number out of the air and tried it. I've only tried the numbers suggested here and found 96 to be what I liked the best.

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Dec 25 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,805
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Asus
PMC: Other

zumazon - you can even set that value to 256 - as I have on my MPx200 with CE 5.0

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

+Quote Post
zumazon
post Dec 25 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,256
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi runningtiger and AndrewSh,

Thanks for the tips, works well now. I used the mobile registry editor to edit the registry from my PC, and did as you said.

Thanks again!
Zz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:04 AM