IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WM5 Hard reset with SD card in?, Hard reset possible with WM5 and SD card?
palestofwhite
post Aug 19 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,159
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

I was thinking of performing a Hard Reset on my MPx200 with WM5. I understand that part of the OS is actually on the SD card. Will i be able to perform the Hard Reset as usual and just leave the SD card in the phone slot? I decided to ask Just incase i brick my phone. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 19 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

That's actually how you should perform the hard reset. When you finished flashing WM5 you were supposed to do a hard reset by choosing the Clean Reg Hive and Format Storage options. To do a hard reset you'd do the exact same thing.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
palestofwhite
post Aug 19 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,159
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

Thanks for the reply! Someone actually helped me with flashing my phone to WM5 so i don't know much about it. I think i'll try the hard reset by choosing Clean Reg and Format Storage Option. Thanks!

+Quote Post
konker
post Sep 17 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,956
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (palestofwhite @ Aug 19 2006, 09:53 PM) *
Thanks for the reply! Someone actually helped me with flashing my phone to WM5 so i don't know much about it. I think i'll try the hard reset by choosing Clean Reg and Format Storage Option. Thanks!

Acutally, dun have to go through the whole process each time.
Just remove the SD card, format it in FAT using your Windows PC & plug it into the phone.
Turn it on & that's it...it's as good as a hard reset.
That's the beauty(or urgly?) part of this MPx200-WM5 setup...the part of the system that stores all the settings & profiles are loaded onto the SD card so whenever the SD card shows up as empty, the system simply recreates the entries (folders & files) & you're back in business.
Of course, it'll take longer than usual to boot the phone, just like the first attempt to boot the phone after the procedure mentioned above.
BTW, there's also an effective way to backup the phone, than using some paid software that might not be as effective.
Just plug the SD card into a card reader attached to a Windows PC, unhide all the hidden files in the card(or folder) & copy everything wholesale onto the Windows PC.
The next time your phone got corrupted by whatever, just copy the contents back to the SD card & it'll boot again (assuming the problem is software related & not hardware.)
Cheers! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 AM