Post #61

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,112
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Vodafone
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (Damen @ Jan 1 2006, 02:06 PM)
"An example: Where are the settings to switch the "airplane mode" on/off? If I try to press and hold the "home" button to get this function, as I did withWM2003 the phone will just freeze. No sign of the "airplane settings" anywhere else..."
press the power on/off button once and u get the screen with airplane mode........

Yup! I found that out this morning by accident. I was going to power the phone off when my thumb flipped off the power button so I just gave it a fast squeeze and... there appeared the menu containing the "airplane mode" settings. rolleyes.gif

Thanks all the same!

Lorenzo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
purnama
post Jan 2 2006, 03:43 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 10,448
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

Hi folks,
I hv successfully flashed my mpx200 with wm5.
Now Im trying to install my apps back to my device.
Here I have a problem, I have error saying "Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions."
Anybode have this problem also?
Need your help here, otherwise I have to flashback to 2003....!
Thx.

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Jan 2 2006, 05:45 AM
Post #63

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

QUOTE (purnama @ Jan 1 2006, 10:43 PM)
Hi folks,
I hv successfully flashed my mpx200 with wm5.
Now Im trying to install my apps back to my device.
Here I have a problem, I have error saying "Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions."
Anybode have this problem also?
Need your help here, otherwise I have to flashback to 2003....!
Thx.

read AndrewSh post

http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?...pic=10494&st=20

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
Geqxon
post Jan 2 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 10,887

-totaly the wrong topic-

This post has been edited by Geqxon: Jan 2 2006, 05:02 PM

+Quote Post
purnama
post Jan 3 2006, 04:37 AM
Post #65

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Dec 29 2005, 10:32 PM)
In addition to my previous post about the registry:
First:
I really don't understand the replies like "Did you install the Registry Editor?"
It's a good advise for people with kinda dementia I suppose! Sorry....
Second:
We fixed the problem three days ago with registry. Now it's unlocked! We already start to modify it. "We" means people from Minsk, Belarus. MPx Forum.

To all. The unlock kit is attached. You for sure must have a card reader to perform the task!

AndrewSh,

Based on the instruction in the Registry_Unlock.zip, I have to put the default.hv to __TFAT_HIDDEN_ROOT_DIR__\ Windows\... on the storage card using the card reader. The problem is I can not find the __TFAT_HIDDEN_ROOT_DIR__\Windows\ on my SD card.
fyi: I already change the option to display the hidden files on my windows explorer. Did I missed something?

Rgds.

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Jan 3 2006, 05:02 AM
Post #66

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (purnama @ Jan 2 2006, 11:37 PM)
AndrewSh,

Based on the instruction in the Registry_Unlock.zip, I have to put the default.hv to __TFAT_HIDDEN_ROOT_DIR__\ Windows\... on the storage card using the card reader. The problem is I can not find the __TFAT_HIDDEN_ROOT_DIR__\Windows\ on my SD card.
fyi: I already  change the option to display the hidden files on my windows explorer. Did I missed something?

Rgds.

Just copy default.hv in to \windows folder

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
MPx200

+Quote Post
purnama
post Jan 3 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #67

QUOTE (muchomorek @ Jan 3 2006, 12:02 PM)
Just copy default.hv in to \windows folder

Yup, you're right it works... Thanks alot....
I just realized that the "_TFAT_HIDDEN_ROOT_DIR_" is just a root dir of the sd card...

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Jan 3 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 10,805
Phone: Dopod s300
PocketPC: Asus

Some registry tweaks

Remember - do it on your own risk. Registry is originally protected!
I will not answer to any questions like: My phone is dead! What's wrong?

Can be developed by everyone. Please note that a lot of tweaks from 2002-2003 works in 2005.

Turn Start Menu to List view
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu
GridView=0
Back to pics: GridView=1

External LCD:
HKCU\ControlPanel\ExternalLCD
Style=0 (Only service pics line is displayed)
Style=1 (Analog clock and date);
Style=2 (Time and date - default)
Style=3 (Operator and time)
Style=4 (Only service pics line is displayed)
Style=5, 6 ( Sim Locked .... Enter PIN - is displayed)
Further on - lazy to check...

Cancel open flip - answer
HKCU\ControlPanel\OpenPhoneAction\OpenAns=0

Encoding problems (for non English - German messages)
Check the registry keys:
The meanings are defined for Cyrillic. For your country - look by yourself!
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls
"DefaultACP"=dword:000004E3
"DefaultLCID"=dword:00000419
"DefaultOCP"=dword:00000362
"LegacyLocaleMode"=dword:00000001
"SystemLCID"=dword:00000419

Switch off pictures displaying in IE
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
"Display Inline Images" = "0"

Resize icons MRU:
modify full.home.xml:
<plugin clsid="{79EFB752-CB70-446d-B317-499723482B3D}"
name="startmru" height="38">
<mru y="2"/>
for
<plugin clsid="{79EFB752-CB70-446d-B317-499723482B3D}"
name="startmru" height="23"
mru halign="center" y="0" icon-size="16" />
as a result - 9 small icons in line

Delete Mobile Operator screen while bootup
Create (it does not exist):
HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Splash Screen
CarrierTimeout=0

Memory optimizing:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LowMem\ProgramMem
Write 256 instead 80
ResetDivision change from 0 to 1

How to delete (change) the incoming call sound timeout (pause between the incoming call and the sound signal)?
Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0.
In the key “Scripts” you should change “apw3r” for “apw*r”, where “*” is a timeout in seconds: 0,1,2,…..RingTone 1-3. The same operation is applicable for other events: (Alarm, SMS … )

Enable Animate mode
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE\Animate
1 = on 0 = off

Adding Low Frequences to the sound
HKLM\Audio\SoftwareMixer\EnableLowPassFilter
Put to 0

This post has been edited by AndrewSh: Jan 4 2006, 09:01 AM

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

+Quote Post
Damen
post Jan 3 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 10,327

great work andrew, how do you change the background in start menu ?
and also is it still possible to put a picture (when u flip the phoen open) on the outside screen and ifso how ? thx.

+Quote Post
aram
post Jan 3 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 10,899

QUOTE (homerjs @ Dec 30 2005, 03:36 PM)
Hi guys!

Good news. It was true, my phone was not dead. It was probably the SD card, so I have to change it into a Sandisk SD card.

But!

The good news is: You can flash back to 2003!!!

I did succesfully!!!

How did you exactly made the system recognize the phone?. After flashing my phone with WM5, I can't boot up the phone or flash another image since left nav key + usb cable does not seem to work any more.

+Quote Post
samdogg
post Jan 4 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #71

Member No.: 9,348
Carrier: T-Mobile

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Jan 3 2006, 09:38 AM)
External LCD:
HKCU\ControlPanel\ExternalLCD
Style=0 (Only service pics line is displayed)
Style=1 (Analog clock and date);
Style=2 (Time and date - default)
Style=3 (Operator and time)
Style=4 (Only service pics line is displayed)
Style=5, 6 ( Sim Locked .... Enter PIN - is displayed)
Further on - lazy to check...

ANdrewSH, thanks for the tweaks, especially the memory one, but:

I tried The External LCD tweak, and everytime I changed the value, I close my registry editor, and I check the external LCD, and it doesnt change when the flip is up or down?????

This post has been edited by samdogg: Jan 4 2006, 02:00 AM

--------------------
MPX200 unlocked with WM 5 and T-Mobile

RAZR V3 Unbranded Firmware with T-Mobile

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Jan 4 2006, 06:45 AM
Post #72

QUOTE (samdogg @ Jan 4 2006, 03:47 AM)
...I tried The External LCD tweak, and everytime I changed the value, I close my registry editor, and I check the external LCD, and it doesnt change when the flip is up or down?????...

Well, the problem with ext. screen still exists - Microsoft explained that they did not include the support of external screen in CE5.0. The screen does not change the picture while opening or closing down. At the moment we only able to change the style of the screen (works after reboot - not reset!)
It means - we are still working on the problem.
The problem with displaying the callers name (instead of the phone number) is the only problem left at the moment. It can partly be solved in the following way:
save your contact also to sim (means - to phone memory and to sim) and remove the mark "Show SIM contacts" in settings. Thus you will get the Name on external screen.
To make the sim contacts reachable (in general, cause people complain that they cannot see the sim content) just create one contact on sim and you straight see the other.
A bit more about the external screen pictures and logos:
In Windows you can find file icons.bmp. All the symbols from ext. screen are there. You can copy the file to PC, modify logos in Paint (for example) and then replace the file. You will get your own logos.

QUOTE (Damen @ Jan 3 2006, 05:32 PM)
....how do you change the background in start menu ?
and also is it still possible to put a picture (when u flip the phoen open) on the outside screen and ifso how ?...

Well, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/
There you can find all the pictures of backgrounds and other things. Try to change them for your own. But be straight with sizes and extensions.
Picture to ext.screen.... hmmm... create Logo.bmp (or take it from 2003 system) put it to Windows folder.
Then create
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\ExternalLCD\LogoPath
Define it as Logo.bmp (with path to your picture)
Create
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\ExternalLCD\Default
Define it like Windows\Logo.bmp
Create FlipLogo" and make it equal to "1"
It should work.

QUOTE (Geqxon @ Jan 2 2006, 07:02 PM)
-totaly the wrong topic-

Sure, dude! Only stupid losers are here! What the ^*&& are you looking for in this topic, I wonder? smile.gif

This post has been edited by AndrewSh: Jan 5 2006, 09:11 AM

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.

+Quote Post
purnama
post Jan 4 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #73

Does anybody know what's the "Enable KITL in Boot options" means?

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Jan 4 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #74

QUOTE (purnama @ Jan 4 2006, 10:59 AM)
Does anybody know what's the "Enable KITL in Boot options" means?

It means "Enable KITL".... smile.gif
Maybe you wanna know what is KITL?
It is Kernel Independent Transport Layer.

OK more, if you think you need it:

The Kernel Independent Transport Layer (KITL) is designed to provide an easy way for you to support any debugging service. KITL separates the protocol of the communication service from the layer that communicates directly with the communication hardware. This reduces your involvement in creating a hardware transport layer that understands how to pass data to the device's communication hardware.

The hardware transport layer is then layered under KITL to keep KITL from needing to understand different types of communication hardware. For example, you could create both desktop and Windows CE device-side transport mechanisms.

On the desktop, the transport is a separate DLL that exports certain API functions that KITL relies on and is also registered in the system so KITL knows that it is a functional transport.

On the device, the transport is built into the OAL and therefore the kernel.

On the CE device, KITL relies on the transport to support a set of API level calls that are needed to support the debug services.

The kernel independent transport layer (KITL) contains the following two modes of operation:

Active: The device boots the OAL, calls KitlInit(TRUE) to initialize KITL, and initializes all default KITL clients like the kernel debugger. The KITL service then calls OEMKitlInit and registers all default clients that are used by the system.
Passive: KITL is not automatically started when the device boots. In this mode, KITL initializes itself and the default KITL clients. Call KitlInit(FALSE) to initialize in passive mode. OEMKitlInit is then called when a client registers with the KITL servers.
You must determine which mode the device should enter on boot. Platform Builder provides a flag called KTS_PASSIVE_MODE that determines which mode is used. You can set KTS_PASSIVE_MODE in Platform Builder by enabling active or passive KITL.

You must pass the KTS_PASSIVE_MODE flag, if used, to the OAL before KitlInit is called. On the CEPC hardware platform, passing the data through the boot loader in the BootArgs section does this. To view an example, see %_WINCEROOT%\Platform\Cepc\Kernel\Hal\Halkitl.c.

Active KITL is best suited for the development processes so that the debugger can maintain a constant connection. Passive KITL is better suited to a real-world scenario where the debugger is not constantly needed. The benefit of the passive mode is that it allows you to create a device that does not have to be tethered to the desktop tools. The device can even be mobile and if it enters a state where the desktop tools are needed, it initiates a KITL connection between the device and desktop.

Sorry for the brief answer, buddy! biggrin.gif
If you want more detales - welcome to msdn.microsoft.com....

This post has been edited by AndrewSh: Jan 4 2006, 09:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
purnama
post Jan 4 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #75

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Jan 4 2006, 04:07 PM)
It means "Enable KITL".... smile.gif
Maybe you wanna know what is KITL?
It is Kernel Independent Transport Layer.

OK more, if you think you need it:

The Kernel Independent Transport Layer (KITL) is designed to provide an easy way for you to support any debugging service. KITL separates the protocol of the communication service from the layer that communicates directly with the communication hardware. This reduces your involvement in creating a hardware transport layer that understands how to pass data to the device's communication hardware.

The hardware transport layer is then layered under KITL to keep KITL from needing to understand different types of communication hardware. For example, you could create both desktop and Windows CE device-side transport mechanisms.

On the desktop, the transport is a separate DLL that exports certain API functions that KITL relies on and is also registered in the system so KITL knows that it is a functional transport.

On the device, the transport is built into the OAL and therefore the kernel.

On the CE device, KITL relies on the transport to support a set of API level calls that are needed to support the debug services.

The kernel independent transport layer (KITL) contains the following two modes of operation:

Active: The device boots the OAL, calls KitlInit(TRUE) to initialize KITL, and initializes all default KITL clients like the kernel debugger. The KITL service then calls OEMKitlInit and registers all default clients that are used by the system.
Passive: KITL is not automatically started when the device boots. In this mode, KITL initializes itself and the default KITL clients. Call KitlInit(FALSE) to initialize in passive mode. OEMKitlInit is then called when a client registers with the KITL servers.
You must determine which mode the device should enter on boot. Platform Builder provides a flag called KTS_PASSIVE_MODE that determines which mode is used. You can set KTS_PASSIVE_MODE in Platform Builder by enabling active or passive KITL. 

You must pass the KTS_PASSIVE_MODE flag, if used, to the OAL before KitlInit is called. On the CEPC hardware platform, passing the data through the boot loader in the BootArgs section does this. To view an example, see %_WINCEROOT%\Platform\Cepc\Kernel\Hal\Halkitl.c.

Active KITL is best suited for the development processes so that the debugger can maintain a constant connection. Passive KITL is better suited to a real-world scenario where the debugger is not constantly needed. The benefit of the passive mode is that it allows you to create a device that does not have to be tethered to the desktop tools. The device can even be mobile and if it enters a state where the desktop tools are needed, it initiates a KITL connection between the device and desktop.

Sorry for the brief answer, buddy! biggrin.gif
If you want more detales - welcome to msdn.microsoft.com....

wacko.gif
Well... at least now I know that I dont really need to know it... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gatito
post Jan 5 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #76

Member No.: 7,604
PocketPC: Dell

how can i active sync to work in my computer with the new upgrade can see it to make it work now.

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Jan 5 2006, 03:45 AM
Post #77

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (gatito @ Jan 4 2006, 10:42 PM)
how can i active sync to work in my computer with the new upgrade can see it to make it work now.

download and install activsync 4.1 http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/dow...tivesync41.mspx

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
MPx200

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Jan 5 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #78

QUOTE (gatito @ Jan 5 2006, 05:42 AM)

You should carefully read this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/hel...nc/default.mspx
It's recommended to check all the network services in your PC. From my own experience: check DHCP. I suppose it's the reason!
And for sure - install version 4.1 first!

P.S.
Just now I knew from our MPx community that the problem with syncronizing the phone - PC can appear if you are using dial-up connection to Internet and simultaneously trying to connect the phone to PC. The computer is unable to establish TCP to telephone. I did not notice that before 'cause I use DSL.

This post has been edited by AndrewSh: Jan 5 2006, 02:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Geqxon
post Jan 5 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #79

Member No.: 10,887

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Jan 4 2006, 06:45 AM)
Sure, dude! Only stupid losers are here! What the ^*&& are you looking for in this topic, I wonder? smile.gif

Sorry for this mis-interpetation. I was posting a reply, and somehow I mixed up some windows, and the reply got posted in this topic in stead of the topic I wanted it to be posted. Thats why I edited it so say "Totaly the wrong topic" wink.gif

Btw, Andrew, thanks for you big support in this community!

This post has been edited by Geqxon: Jan 5 2006, 11:57 AM

+Quote Post
boggyman
post Jan 6 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #80

Member No.: 8,789

does anyone know is it possible to change the order of system icons in the start menu??
this one drives me crazy!!! mad.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:37 AM