Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,045
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Other

I went out on a limb and dropped my data service and added T-mobile web for $5.99 on my SDA. I followed Kampf's link and reconfigured my phone. Works like charm and I get EDGE and GPRS which is fast. Even Google works!

Excellent!

Monday I will try the test on getting connected our exchange server!

I followed the instructions on this post:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=718250
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PsychologyDoc
post May 20 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,170
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (abatis @ May 2 2006, 12:11 PM) *
Our T-Zones CAB should set you up. See this post and try the T-Zones CAB.
http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showtopic=11177

Abatis,

Okay, I took a new T-mobile SDA, added T-zones to the plan and installed your two CAB files as directed. I followed everything to the letter and it didn't work. So, I removed the files as you stated, but it also removed my Tzones profile and another that was in there, as well. I'm left with T-mobile GPRS in the <settings, connections, GPRS> section. Now the phone won't access the integrated AIM, either.

Is there anyway to get that stuff I seemed to remove back and start all over again from scratch? I just don't get it, people seem to be having success and mine just isn't working and I'm running out of time; if I can't make it work soon, I'm going to have to send it back because I'm not about to pay 30 extra bucks a month just to be able to surf a couple sites, when I can get another tmobile phone that has tzones on it with AIM, too.

I tried a couple other sites as well for getting the info. to get the Tzones to work: http://www.gruups.com
and http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...50&#entry718250

I'm desperate! Can someone help restore the phone to the way it was and break this down so an idiot can make the Tzones work on my SDA? Email me directly if you want.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
abatis
post May 20 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #23

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint

Why don't you try the T-zone Configurator from T-Mobile.com

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase/root/public/tm22882.htm?

If you have a T-Mo SDA (USA) not Euro version your phone should work great with T-Zones. I don't know how much stuff you have added to your phone but you could also save your contacts to you PC or SIM and hard reset the phone. That will set you back to T-Mo factory settings. It sounds like the phone is buggered up a bit from trying all these different settings.

The factory T-Zones settings should allow you to surf the net. They work fine for me on various Smartphones.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
PsychologyDoc
post May 20 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,170
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (abatis @ May 20 2006, 08:19 AM) *
Why don't you try the T-zone Configurator from T-Mobile.com

http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase/root/public/tm22882.htm?
If you have a T-Mo SDA (USA) not Euro version your phone should work great with T-Zones. I don't know how much stuff you have added to your phone but you could also save your contacts to you PC or SIM and hard reset the phone. That will set you back to T-Mo factory settings. It sounds like the phone is buggered up a bit from trying all these different settings.

The factory T-Zones settings should allow you to surf the net. They work fine for me on various Smartphones.

Abatis,

I had to hard reset the phone back to factory settings. I am using a SDA USA version as I live in the states. When I spoke to a pretty knowledgeable rep today, he walked me through the hard reset, simple, and informed me that about 3 months ago, they changed some things and most work-arounds probably won't work anymore, but he definitely wasn't against me giving it a try, but advised that it probably wouldn't work. I'm not sure if anyone out there doing the work arounds are aware of this yet?

Anyway, basically, he said that without the $30.00 full access package, the SDA won't be able to use Tzones if the work around isn't successful. If that's the case, I have to send this little beauty back because 30 bucks to surf the web in small doses is just a little insane for my usage.

I'll try the work around and report back shortly.

+Quote Post
abatis
post May 20 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #25

Site Administrator
Group Icon

That is disappointing that the phone would not come setup for T-Zones. Let us do a little more research for you.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
kampf
post May 21 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 11,575
Phone: HTC Hurricane
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
MP3 Player: iPod

It's my understanding that the reason for restricting SDA service to the $30 plan is that it's the only one that will allow ALL of the services and features of the phone to work. If you use TZones, it's proxied, and that causes problems with IM and email, as many have noted. Instead of selling a phone with a service that won't work, they insist on the Total Internet plan instead. Some people have been clever enough to figure out how to use TZones, but with the understanding that not everything is going to work.

Personally, $6/mo for web browsing is just fine for me.

+Quote Post
Someone99
post May 23 2006, 05:15 AM
Post #27

Kampf hit it right on. T-Mobile is not going to promote a service that will not make everything work.
I have the SDA and with $6 I was able to use EDGE for WEB browing, Email, POP3 for Gmail and Hotmail and could get to just about all sites.

HOWEVER, I could not get any streaming video or audio from on-line TV or Radio stations. (I could live with this but read on...)

The bad news is that TZONES $5.99 proxy DOES NOT work with Exchnage server. I tried every possible combination. No lack. The proxy would get in the way. I could only synchronize with Wi-Fi or cable connection to PC. So it is no good for me. I need this phone for work.... sad.gif

So I just dropped the $5.99 package and switched to the Blackberry Unlimited add-on for $19.99. mad.gif I used to have this package before with the SDA and it worked fine with the exchnage server and I could also get streaming Radio/TV stations. smile.gif I could not get google and gmail, but maybe it was becuase of my settings.

Anyhow my question to you experts is the follwoing: How do I re-configure the SDA to be the way it was before and remove the WAP proxy WITHOUT hard reset. unsure.gif I really have stuff on the phone and do not want to loose!

+Quote Post
abatis
post May 23 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #28

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Try this configurator http://tmobileus.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst

It has a choice to configure the T-Mobile SDA. Let us know if it works.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
Someone99
post Jun 12 2006, 04:44 AM
Post #29

It did not work.

The only way to sync Exchnage on the SDA is to pay $29.99 for data. Trust me. I tried all T-Mobile packages. If you don't need to sync to MS-Exchnage, then you just pay $5.99 for T-zones and almost everything works (no streaming TV or radio stations becuase the proxy blocks it)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:51 AM