Group: Members
Member No.: 15,212
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

QUOTE (Zachary @ Jan 5 2007, 05:55 PM) *
has anyone used or tried CoPilot Live?

I had an Audiovox 5600 and just recently upgraded to the Samsung. I had copilot on my old phone and used it alot. I transferred the program to the new phone and have been very pleased that it has continued to work great.

My son installed his for his trip to Europe but he said that he couldn't use it because it never seemed to know the address he entered.

I have used my all up and down the West Coast and in Penn. Worked great.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 17 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I use Copilot Live on my Samsung i730. I have found it to be a good nav program overall. We have a few reviews on nav programs - check them out.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 17 2007, 03:58 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I just checked the review and saw Mapopolis was mentioned. I'm gonna give them a little shout out! I have the Mapopolis Navigator pack and keep the maps for California (a TON of counties - 76 to be exact), Arizona, and Nevada on my storage card all the time and they only take up 128mb of space. That's 111 files which I'm pretty sure is more counties than you'd need in most areas of the country. I have it set to automatically load the entire SoCal area (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties) 22 files each time I fire up and it takes about 2 seconds to be up and running and ready to go.

I don't find it difficult to use at all and if I remember right the entire US's maps + major Canadian cities is less than $100. It doesn't have 3d view though if that's what you're looking for but it does have speed warnings like the i-Guidance. I'd say the i-Guidance is prettier to look at (though, I've only seen the PPC screenshots from the review - and Mapopolis does look a bit different (I'm sure some might say better due to the initial function selection screen) on PPC then it does on Smartphone). All I can say is Mapopolis just gits-'er-done and works great on my i-mate SP5m with Holux GPS receiver!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Mar 18 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

The new version of CoPilot Live is due out very soon and I will be reviewing it. But the current version has a LOT of accuracy problems and I can not recommend it. I do love iGuidance though and did a review on it.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 18 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Agreed, I love iGuidance. But they unfortunately don't have a Smartphone version. I've tried out Mapopolis and Route 66 (look for a review soon!) on the Q. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, it depends on your individual needs and preferences to which I would recommend.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:53 AM