Patrick Kellow
post Aug 17 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,750
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: None

I installed .net CF 2.0, Flashplayer 7, and F-prot antivirus, after I did a soft reset I lost my edge icon and now it seems that my 8125 is only looking for GPRS, I know I am in an Edge area, as I am a quarter of a mile from the tower and I work where the tower is. Could someone tell me what to do to rectify the problem, either a Regedit or a program that I need. Thank you so much for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 18 2006, 05:39 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

I have ZERO idea if this will work, or not. I just remembered seeing it, so I thought I'd post and if you don't get (or, find) a better answer then maybe you can try it. There is a cab file available for download at:
http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/MDARegEdits.htm

It's description says:
Enable EDGE Icon 1.1KB
Changes the G to an E When in an EDGE Area. Reboot for Settings to Take Effect
The list of cab files on that page are intended for the MDA. If that is basically the same phone as your Cingular 8125, it might be worth a try.

Verify that on your own if you proceed. I have neither device so I'm not the best person to offer advice. I hope you get a more knowledgable answer from someone else.

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
Patrick Kellow
post Aug 21 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,750
Phone: MPx220
PocketPC: None

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Aug 18 2006, 01:39 AM) *
I have ZERO idea if this will work, or not. I just remembered seeing it, so I thought I'd post and if you don't get (or, find) a better answer then maybe you can try it. There is a cab file available for download at:
http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/MDARegEdits.htm

It's description says:
Enable EDGE Icon 1.1KB
Changes the G to an E When in an EDGE Area. Reboot for Settings to Take Effect
The list of cab files on that page are intended for the MDA. If that is basically the same phone as your Cingular 8125, it might be worth a try.

Verify that on your own if you proceed. I have neither device so I'm not the best person to offer advice. I hope you get a more knowledgable answer from someone else.

Good luck!

biggrin.gif
IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:12 PM