Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home Screen and Contacts Issues
Neonsapphire
post Jun 21 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,613

Hey there...

I recently purchased the Cingular 2125 after using a Sprint Treo 600 for a number of years..

I like the phone but have found a few issues on which I need your help and advice...

1. I would like to customize the information displayed on the home page... The phone comes with a few options but none that I like... In particular, I would like to have only five specifically selected application icons displayed at the top and not the scolling list of most recently used icons... Is there a way to do this? Are there any third party software solutions?

2. I would like to change the start page to be a small list of application icons with corresponding numbers and not three pages of full icons... Is there any way to change the "start" display from "icon" to "list"? Are there any third party software solutions?

3. Under the contacts application on the phone, there are only 4 categories listed (i.e., business, personal, etc.). On my Treo 600, I had about 10 customized categories... Is there any way to add more on the phone? I am not currently syncing with outlook and may not be... I would like to make the changes on the phone but can't find a way... Please help...

Thanks for your help...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 3 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

1. I'm not familiar with your phone, but sounds like you have wm5. I'm not sure if there is any easier way OR if this will work on wm5. On wm2002/3 (for which the following was designed), you can edit the .xml file for your homescreen and using RJShortcut (Google it) you can make whatever icons you want static. You can choose 5 big icons or display 9 little ones (or, multiple lines of icons etc.). The .xml ends up looking like this (I've pasted mine below - you can see I use the 9 little ones and have them labled as well (so the name of the app appears in the icon bar when it's selected - meaning when you select the Task Manager icon it will say "Task Manager" right below):

<!-- RJShortcut -->
<plugin clsid="{F3750050-8E30-4c61-A864-4301F5D7C065}" height="38">
<background b-border-width="1">
</background>
<format padding-left="4" padding-top="5" padding-bottom="1"/>
<shortcutbar icon-spacing="3" icon-size="small">
<shortcut target="\Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Utilities\Task Manager.lnk" appname="Task Manager"/>
<shortcut target="\Windows\iexplore.exe" appname="pocket Internet Explorer"/>
<shortcut target="\Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Internet\AvantGo.lnk" appname="AvantGo"/>
<shortcut target="\Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Audio\TCPMP.lnk" appname="Pocket Music Player"/>
<shortcut target="\Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Audio\RJV SoundRecorder.lnk" appname="SoundRecorder"/>
<shortcut target="\Storage\windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Chronos.lnk" appname="Chronos"/>
<shortcut target="\Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Video\SPViewer.lnk" appname="Picture Viewer"/>
<shortcut target="\Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Notepad.lnk" appname="Notepad"/>
<shortcut target="\Storage\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories\Calculators\Orneta Calculator.lnk" appname="Calculator"/>
</shortcutbar>
<background>
<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>
</background>
<appname x="0" y="17"/>

</plugin>

2. Omega2008 has posted on how to change from grid to list:

"Change the Start Menu background image:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/MSStart

Change the director in the Value data filed in the BKBitmapFile String.

Change the way the start menu looks (from grid to list or vise versa):

The same key as above but select the GridView DWORD change the Value Data from 1 to 0. "

3. Can't help you with this one. I sync with Outlook and it has something like 20 built-in plus you can make your own. I don't know how to create more directly on the phone.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:48 AM