Pigpaw3
post Jul 23 2006, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,481
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

Does anyone know how to or if I can listen to my music through my bluetooth headset. Headset works
great for calls but I thought WMP would broadcast bluetooth. Its my first BT phone and am just wonderng
if I am just naive or doing something wrong??? THX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 23 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I don't have an 8125, so I'm not sure if a hack for this exists (it probably does). But I just wanted to warn you that music over a standard non-stereo BT headset isn't going to sound very good. It will be better than not having it at all, but doen't be disppointed if it doesn't sound as good as you hope.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Pigpaw3
post Jul 23 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 23 2006, 08:52 AM) *
I don't have an 8125, so I'm not sure if a hack for this exists (it probably does). But I just wanted to warn you that music over a standard non-stereo BT headset isn't going to sound very good. It will be better than not having it at all, but doen't be disppointed if it doesn't sound as good as you hope.

I dont care what it sounds like. I was under the impression that if I had a phone with bluetooth any sounds that came out of the speakers, would also be produced through the BT headset when its turned on. Crazy huh? I would love to get the hack if anyone out there knows of one or could make it work. THX

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 23 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

It's all a matter of profiles. What you are wanting is called the hands-free profile, which the 8125 doesn't have. It only has the headset profile, which allows calls and such through the headset instead of all system sounds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pigpaw3
post Jul 24 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 23 2006, 11:37 AM) *
It's all a matter of profiles. What you are wanting is called the hands-free profile, which the 8125 doesn't have. It only has the headset profile, which allows calls and such through the headset instead of all system sounds.

Well thats bad news I guess. But when I go to bluetooth device settings, there is a option to select "Hands Free". I check the option and it does not seem to change anything. I guess I will keep checking fourms. Thanks

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 24 2006, 02:15 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

As I said, I don't have an 8125 so my ability to help is limited. But if there is an option for hands-free, then what you want to do should be available. I'm not sure what would be causing it to not work in that case. Maybe a soft reset, hard reset, or ROM flash is in order to fix it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 24 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #7

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I don't know anything about the 8125, but it sounded to me like Smeg mis-read what pigpaw3 said. Pigpaw3 is talking about the "hands-free" setting under bluetooth\menu\devices NOT a profile like "Normal", "Silent", "Headset", etc. Which means Smeg's original comment about the 8125 not having the "hands-free" profile still stands. Maybe I'm the one who misread, in which case disregard my comments.

I have the MPx220 and it has the "hands-free" setting under bluetooth\menu\devices but it doesn't do anything to help me get music to my BT headset since the phone does not support the "hands-free" profile.

Pigpaw3, have you tried either the "BlueTunes" or "BlueCast" programs? Neither will work on the MPx220 but might be what you're looking for (to transmit music to your BT eapiece).

There is a device that will do what you THOUGHT you were getting with BT - meaning every sound your phone makes will be transmitted to your headset. Although (sadly), it's a wired option - made by Jabra - the A210. If your BT headset is like mine, it has it's own ring tone (ignores special ringtones you may have setup for individuals or workgroups etc.) and also won't receive music directly from the phone. As Smeg said, the sound quality is not fantastic. But, it's not horrible. It's not in stereo obviously - but, other than that, it's not bad. I'd rather listen to my favorite music in mono than not listen at all - or, have to be subjected to whatever is being spewed from wherever I happen to be (read: Muzak (sp?) in an elevator or that which passes for music nowadays). (That last statement just made me sound 90 years old and very cranky - but, honestly some of today's stuff is just soooooooooo bad. blink.gif )

I just Googled "8125 BlueCast" and came up with this:
http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/messa...message.id=9804

It's in regards to a program called "BTAudio redirector" and the OP there successfully uses it to get music put through to his non-stereo BT headset from his 8125. Check it out! Here's the bottom line:

"The BTAudio does work! I had problems at first because I just unzipped on the 8125 instead of on the computer! So if you download on the PC, unzip, copy the 3 files over to the 8125 via ActiveSync...Turn on your WM and play a song, click the BT Audio On, it will go to your bluetooth! And it doesn't have to be a stereo one - I have the Plantronics 640.

The sound is decent for non-stereo."

I hope it works for you! Now, I'm gonna go check it out and see if it works on my 220!! <fingers crossed>

edit: No, it does not. I knew it wouldn't since they're two different OSs (8125 and MPx220)...but, I thought I'd verify and post here for anyone who comes across this post down the road.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 24 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #8

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Just wanted to add...the program is called BTAudioToggle.exe and the program's author (Sarcasmsra at pdaphonehome.com) says it "*should* work on any PDA that uses the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack running on WM2003SE or WM5."

(as opposed to Widcom BT stack and/or non-PDA phones (i.e. SmartPhone's)

I sooooooooooooooooo much wish there was someone clever enough to write such a program that would work on the MPx220. <sigh>

BTW, I get no error messages with it intalled on my 220 and when I turn it on I get the confirming beeps in my ear that says that the BT headset is connected(ing). It's the same beeps I am used to getting when I place a call using BT. The only thing is no music follows the beeps. Normally, when I place a call and here those beeps the phone call audio immediately starts coming through the BT headset. No music ever comes through, but there is a audio "sound" (the sound of emptyness - if that makes sense) that tells me the headset is connected and when I execute the off command that sound stops. So, there is communication between my phone, my BT headset, and this program - just not enough to be usefully functional.

Also, thought I'd ad this since I'm considering the T-Mo SDA and found this post in the thread linked to above:

"Thanks for this because I have tried others and couldn't get any to work on my SDA"

So, for the record, that's a non-PDA device (it's a Smartphone) that someone reported using this little program on. Interesting...if correct.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
Pigpaw3
post Jul 25 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #9

Thanks for all the help guys, I sittin here listening to tunes on my Plantronics 640 from my 8125, You guys are the best! Downloaded the little 5 KB BT Toggle program and Bam WMP over the air. Tiger thanks for the link and hope you can make your 220 work. I will keep looking for you. Now I just have make BT headphones. Thanks again for the rally.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 25 2006, 07:11 AM
Post #10

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Excellent. I soooooooooooooo envy you!

I've been thinking about that last thing I pasted earlier where the poster says the program works on his SDA. I'm wondering if he didn't mis-type and meant MDA - which, of course, is a PPC. Just a thought. If I ever have the chance to test it out myself, I'll follow up here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Jul 25 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525

You do know that you can upgrage the ROM to a AKU 2.0 ROM. Check out xda developers and download summiters latest ROM for the 8125, it includes AD2P Stereo bluetooth support.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
Pigpaw3
post Jul 30 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (omega2008 @ Jul 25 2006, 10:47 AM) *
You do know that you can upgrage the ROM to a AKU 2.0 ROM. Check out xda developers and download summiters latest ROM for the 8125, it includes AD2P Stereo bluetooth support.

Are you talking about upgrading my 8125? Man that scares me to death. I would love to get stereo BT but Im afraid I would relock it or do something bad in which I have no support (except you guys) cause its an Ebay purchase. Im willing though as long as its not too hard and the benefits out weigh the risks. Is the new ROM really much better/worth the upgrade in your or anyone elses opinion?? Thanks

This post has been edited by Pigpaw3: Jul 30 2006, 04:25 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:04 AM