Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lying about a cell phone tower being down
clearfrog
post May 21 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,182

so i have a friend who is currently claiming that he cant call me because where he is now, the cell phone tower blew down... but that his phone works at work (15min away from his home)... i dont believe him because when i call him, the phone itself still rings several times, and then of course it goes to his voicemial. i checked online, and the maximum coverage for a gsm tower is 22 miles, and i think this is well within the distance between his work cell phone tower and his supposble home cell phone tower... anyway is there a way i can prove he is lying... tried calling cingular, but they are closed at this hour.. is there a site i can check that shows where cell phone coverage is down, i think the evidence that his phone is ringing when i call it should be enuf, but let me know what you guys think.... had to use a new sn because he along with me reads this site.. so it would be interesting if he came along this post...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 21 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

It sounds a little fishy, but not altogether unbelievable. I call my wife (who is on Cingular) and it'l often ring several times and go to VM without her phone ever ringing. Towers do overlap coverage, and his work could have a stronger signal with one tower than another, so it would connect to that one. If he lives in an area right by an overlap he could loose coverage at home but not at work.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:42 PM