Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Data Plan Questions
jlv
post Mar 25 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,242

I just ordered a 3125 from Cingular online. I was wondering about data packages:

If i get the unlimited smartphone connect plan, will i be able to connect to the internet with my laptop?

Does the XPressMail that comes with the unlimited smartphone connect data plan support DirectPush on Exchange?

Sorry if any of this has been answered previously, i am new here, but i did glance though the 3 pages and didn't see anything that resembled this.

Thanks,
James
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Mar 26 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

We use our 3125 on T-Mo and our Cingular accounts are pay-as-you-go. So, can't help you with the data plan specifics. Hopefully someone will post who knows. If I was in a hurry, I'd call Cingular and ask them.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 27 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I've never used Cingular data plans, but I don't think they include tethering unless you pay extra for it. Not sure about the XPressMail though.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Mar 27 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

The Media Works Plans and the Smartphone connect will not cover tethering, you will need the more expensive data plan for that. If they find that you have been using your device to tether then I would prepare for a pretty expensive phone bill at the end of the month. I currently use the Media Works200 plan and wouldn't dare tether with my laptop just out of fear of being caught and getting charged overages of sorts even though my plan covers unlimited data use (for my device).

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
jlv
post Mar 27 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,242

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it. Although, I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed about the tethering, but that feeling is much better than a humongous surprise bill smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:09 PM