Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weird issues with the 6315... Help
jsalicru
post Oct 25 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,072

There are several issues that my mother has with her HP 6315 that are just puzzling.

1. The other day I was at my house washing my car... and I get a call from her... I answer... I hear her jogging... so I think to myself.. "How silly, she's making a call while jogging... " and hang up. Not even 2 seconds pass... I receive ANOTHER call from her. Same thing. Hang up. 2 seconds later... again... and again... and again.. and so on. Finally, I just turned off my phone. I checked my voicemail later and deleted like 15 minutes worth of jogging..

Today, I looked at her phone... IT CALLED ME 106 TIMES THAT MORNING.

Here's the clincher... shes got a protective metal case around it and there was no way that she hit anything. PLUS.. I wasn't the last or even NEXT to last person she called AND Im not on her speed dial.

So.. this is freak moment 1.

2. Applications dissappear from this phone. Yep... She has a Diet program on there and pretty ofter, it DISAPPEARS nowhere to be found.. UNTIL.. she does a soft boot. Then, like magic.. TADA! its back!

3. I think I read about this already here... Bluetooth. It is SUCH a problem with this phone that its almost not worthy of even having it. It unpairs constantly and does not like to re-pair sometimes.. Of course, until a soft-boot.

4. GPRS doesn't work. This one happened to me.. and I asked her to download the update.. hopefully that fixes that.

SO... what gives with the other stuff?? Any similar experiences? Any recommendations? Please.. I would love to hear your input as I would really like to solve this problem for her.

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 25 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

There could be a very simple explination for most of this... I am assuming that the diet program is on the SD card. For some reason (rarely) mine stops seeing the SD, soft reset fixes it. Now for the rest of your problems, I have also experienced the "Auto Dial" but it was always my fault because it was the last number dialed. Here is what would happen with mine, the phone would connect via gprs (wakeing the phone up) to get an email (auto, without me knowing it) while this happens the phone is on leaving it free to dial away at the slightest touch to the screen. Only once have I seen it do it to a number not last dialed, but it was a speed dial. The fact that it was in a metal case kind of throws it for me though (BTW, didn't know there were any available yet got a link for that?). Also what type of BT headset do you use. I think it all depends on the headset that you use. On the Moto HS810 I get those problems, with the Logitech mobile freedom I did not... Not sure if any of this will be helpful, I am kind of rambleing, but I could use a bit more info, but your random dialing issue has me stumped if it is not possibly due to the above mentioned possibilities. Also does the BT that she was using have a redail feature?

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
jsalicru
post Oct 26 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #3

Well.. she originally started by using a HS810 because thats what I have (and love). Now she uses a Logitech. It still happens although she notes that her connections are more consistent now.

I will find out more information about that case... its kinda bulky, but looks BULLETPROOF and its made FOR the 6315...

The interesting part about the auto dial is that she does not have any email accounts setup yet so the phone doesn't wake up by itself yet. Also, I dont think she had her BT headset with her on this jog.

The other thing. The program isn't on the SD card, its on the phone memory.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 26 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

That is all too strange, I would do a hard reset and start over to see if that helps. If not I would contact HP. I thought that I had an auto dial problem, but it was user error (unknowingly). This does not seem to be the case in your situation. I would like some more information on the metal case if you can get it for me. Thanks, sorry I couldn't be more help...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
jsalicru
post Oct 27 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Ok... I think I will be calling HP about this..

And... about that case.. here's a link for it. She bought it off Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5728122232&rd=1

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 27 2004, 03:35 PM
Post #6

Site Administrator
Group Icon

That looks like a nice case, but I think I can see where there could be a problem. The buttons are accessable, I assume that she has the hardware buttons dissabled when the phone is "sleeping", well here is what could be happening on that, the phone could wake up to get an SMS, search for signal (never seen that one, but possible), basically any type of spawned activity could wake the phone up for a short time. During that time if the call button is hit it will open up the phone commands, judging from where the space is on the screen opening is right about where the call history button is, so....... It may seemed far fetched, but with touch screens anything is possible. That opening would also be over the speed dial button on the screen, so the phone wouldn't have to be dialing just the last call, it could be scrolling through the call history at will as the "joy stick" is also exposed, then just through a random series of screen touches or button presses could call just about anyone, but most likely someone that is in the call history or speed dial. If it dials random numbers check and see if those numbers are exposed through the opening on the cae over the screen. You still may want to contact HP, but that does open the possibilities after seeing the case. Heh I will still look into getting that case, it does look nice... Let us know how everything turns out if you can...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:12 AM