Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bluetooth For VOQ
jaff
post Oct 13 2004, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,171

Does anyone know if Sierra has any plans to add buetooth the the VOQ? that is the only thing missing as far as Im concerned.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 13 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I have heard rumor that this feature will be added in the future. Right now Voq is going after the business market and for security reasons most companies do not want to have to be on guard everywhere for information jacking and potential security breaches which are possible and known with bluetooth.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
jaff
post Oct 15 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Hi Abatis seeing that you have had both the 200 and the VOQ do you think one would be beter to wait for a 220 or buy a VOQ? I would like your opinion thanks.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 16 2004, 09:00 AM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Well the Moto-MPx220 is out so you can can get either phone. I have not played with the 220 yet. It is interesting, now that the MPx220 is out I am not reading anywhere that it is just blowing people away with great engineering and features. However, I have no doubt it is a decent phone. The built in camera photos reviewed around the internet look pretty close to the poor quality of the MPX200 CD35 camera to me. Anyway if you want bluetooth than the MPx220 may be a good choice along with the quad band. Personally I am like SatanX, the Qwerty KeyPad and the truley awsome reception on the Voq make the Voq my choice.

I just spent the better part of the week in Houston, and it was really nice to get emails on the phone and actually type a detailed reply without a major hassle like before with my MPx200. By the way if you want the Mpx220 I would use Slacker's deal published on the MGN home page. I have met Slacker and he is a straight-shooter guy. For a Voq it seems like MobilePlanet has them back in stock. Just get the Voq base unit, you will most likely not need the Voq Mail setup($$). Let us know what you do.

For me Voq is the way to go. By the way the MPX200 is not even in the same league as the Voq. We will see how the Mpx220 measures up as more people report on it.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
jaff
post Oct 16 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Thanks for your input and the caractor refrence on Slackers behalf I guess Im going to buy both and see witch one suits my application best. I can always sell the one I decide not to keep on Ebay to help cut my losses. Thanks again for the input.

+Quote Post
KingDaddy
post Oct 16 2004, 04:40 PM
Post #6

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 188
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Yeah, slacker is definitely a "straight shooter." Ha ha , inside joke.

--------------------
Lambrettas: 1974 Jet 200

Vespas: 1987 PK50XLS Plurimatic, 2001 ET4 150

Clearance: Interim Top Secret

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Oct 16 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,021

Jaff, if you don't mind having both for awhile, that's probably the way to go in terms of finding out which one suits you well.

While I am still trying to sort out the earpiece volume issue I have on the 220, I feel the 2 most important questions you need to aske yourself are:

1. Do I absolutely need B/T (headset & A/S)
2. How much input will I be doing

+Quote Post
jaff
post Oct 17 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

sclui56 I your right and I probably dont realy need the B/T but I saw a nice hands free kit at expansys made by nokia that would look nice in my car. But I do have to say Im leaning more and more to the VOQ the keyboard is winning me over. What is the problem with the earpiece volume on the 220?

+Quote Post
SatanX
post Oct 17 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,106

From what I have heard is the volume is very low. The VOQ is the first phone I've owned (I've had many) where I've had to turn down the volume (I keep it two notches down from top). It's that loud.

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Oct 18 2004, 12:07 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,021

jaff, the 220 appears to have lower-than-normal earpiece volume (how's that for quantifying it wink.gif), it is not totally terrible when compared to other MOT handsets, but if you come from Nokia, Treo 600, or the Voq, it is like night & day, at least on the Treo600 & Voq, half-way is loud enough for me and most people, but on the 220, even when you max out (5), it is not enough for crowded situation IMHO.

As for the KB, the Voq wins hands down, I tried to respond to a very short message yesterday with the 220 & it took me a good while.

+Quote Post
jaff
post Oct 18 2004, 07:43 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

well sclui56 you have just pushed me a little closer to the VOQ thanks smile.gif for the info. SatanX thanks for the info.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 PM