Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voq is better than the MPX220 in RF
sclui56
post Oct 8 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,021

Couldn't really help myself as I saw the 220 available when I was at BB, so what the heck, brought it home and am giving it a spin. I have had a hard time getting good RF off this handset and barely tested the GPRS. Just for reference, the handsets that work best in the area I most frequent are (in order of excellent RF) 3650, Treo600, Voq, T610, and a toss up so far between the 220 & a T68i.

While I have yet to load the 220 up the same as my Voq (got tons of SD but NO mini-SD), but I would venture to say that the battery on the 220 would not yield the same longevity as the Voq's, even w/o B/T.

I paired up my HBH-60 to the 220 w/o any incident, but I seem to get some interference at close range (e.g. holdhing the 220 at waist level). While the 220 is certainly a more appealing looking device, I immediately noticed the earpiece/speakerphone/ringer are just not loud enough (been spoiled by the Treo & the Voq).

So as for the Voq, indeed so far as good, IMHO of course.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 9 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

The Voq has the best RF of any phone I have owned. It makes sense since Sierra Wireless makes the RF units for many other people, eg. Treo 600. I have a feeling they optimized the RF for thier own phone. By the way another co-worked is trying a Treo 600 and is already frustrated with it. Anyway I just received my Voq Premium kit. I am going to do a review for the site. The stereo headset is great - it even controls the volume from the headset.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Oct 9 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,021

I have loaded up the 220 finally, it took me awhile since I needed to use the tweak to change the device name from the generic SmartPhone to something else before sync w/ my primary desktop. Reason it took me a bit of time was that I have AS 3.7.1 running on my notebook & it saw the 220 just fine, but I forgot I was still running 3.7 on my desktop & was chasing my own tail as it wouldn't recognize the 220 (but it did with the Voq) wink.gif

Have loaded up the 220 close to the Voq, except for media files since I don;t have the mini-SD. Well, the dual-core setup on the 220 does make it feel quicker, other than the volume, the 220 is not bad. HOWEVER, once you have used the joystick arrangement and the larger screen off the Voq, and not to mention the invaluable KB, it is hard to be satisfied.

Can;t wait for your review. BTW, don't mean to be off topic, but what's the problem with the T600?

You're absolutely right on w/ the Voq's RF, I could sit inside my study and test the GPRS easily (where the i-mate, 6315, etc would never have a chance in connecting), but with the 220, I ended up going outside my house to test the connection because I couldn't tell if I configured something incorrectly or simply getting marginal or no service.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:42 PM