Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poor Battery Life after upgrade
mbhelfman
post Sep 3 2004, 12:23 AM
Post #1

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 470

I upgraded to the English Moto Flower WM2003 firmware and the battery life is horrible. Has anyone had similar problems? If so, how did you fix it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Sep 3 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Make sure you have a full charge (over charge). Turn the phone off, and leave it on an AC charger until it says it is full, then unplug it for a moment, then plug it back in until it says it is full. Do that several times then hard reset the phone. Once you have your phone back on, goto settings>phone>channels and make sure that all channels are off. Also make sure that you disable IR Recieve which is also in settings (you can still sync via IR even though recieve is off). This approach is not guarenteed, but has been known to work for many people. Worth a shot, let us know how it goes...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
mbhelfman
post Sep 3 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #3

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 470

Thanks, didn't even bother going that route. I applied the German Firmware and then did the language pack upgrade and the battery life is improved. I think the battery life is a problem with the English Moto Flower firmware, but I could be wrong.

+Quote Post
8dla96
post Sep 21 2004, 10:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,970

The problem is that machine will record the battery level as full after hard reset. In other words, half battery was charged, half usage time !!!!!

So, charge it full first !!!

Good Luck !

+Quote Post
stiletto
post Nov 2 2004, 04:30 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,476

If the phone is storing how full the battery is at a full charge, can't that be modified? Seems like a truly pioneering individual could make this whole battery life issue easy to solve. What happens if you buy a new battery? How does the phone know how much to charge it? If I buy the 1050 mAh battery I saw for sale is the phone only going to charge it a little because it doesn't know it should charge it more? Seems kinda hokey to me.

+Quote Post
stiletto
post Nov 4 2004, 06:25 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,476

And another thing, how would his reflashing the phone improve his battery charge? Once you have flashed the phone at a low battery level, there shouldn't be anyway to charge the battery beyond what the phone thinks is "full". Seems to me if you have this problem the only way to fix it is the find a phone without the problem, charge your battery to its real full, and hard reset or re-install your firmware.

+Quote Post
mors3
post Jan 24 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,635

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Sep 3 2004, 12:37 AM)
....Turn the phone off, and leave it on an AC charger until it says it is full, then unplug it for a moment, then plug it back in until it says it is full. 

^-- right there.. thats the *&^%.

as I see it the phone keeps a mental note of what its told is the top level of charge attainable by the battery but if you hard reset at a lower level of charge then it thinks thats the top level as its the first effective time its seent the bloody thing..

However, if you charge the little @#$%^!& with the phone turned OFF it cant see the charge levels but the battery still keeps recieving charge (and therefore charging so your able to put the charge temporarily back into the battery) so if you then immediately do another hard reset the phone will memorise the charge from then and you'll therefore be able to charge to that limit instead of the old limit.

wicked. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:02 PM