Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asian ROM Fonts!
popanot
post Jan 25 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,150

I just flashed to the Asian 3.51 and I'm trying to get the fonts on the Start/Contacts (at the botom of the Home Screen) and Menu options fonts back to the way they are in the Generic ROM (which I think are Arial or Tahoma Bold). I tried Omega's FAQ and it's not working.

I've copied Tahoma regular and Tahoma Bold to the \Storage\Windows\Fonts folder, have made the RegKey of FontPath (pointing to that folder), and have changed every value in the FontLink to that path\tahoma.ttf, Tahoma. I still get the pipsqueak lowercase font! Argh!!!

The fonts on my home screen are fine, but it's the menus, etc. I want to change. Is there another reg tweak or something I need to change???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
popanot
post Jan 25 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #2

Hmm... I wonder if this RegKey has anything to do with it...???

\HKLM\System\GDI\SYSFNT\

Underneath that there are 5 keys:
CS = 0 (case??)
Ht = 4294967284 (Height??)
It = 0 (Italic??)
Nm = Nina (Name??)
Wt = 400 (Weight??)

Has anyone ever messed with these?

This post has been edited by popanot: Jan 25 2006, 08:45 PM

+Quote Post
gadget
post Jan 26 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,105
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
PMC: iRiver PMC-120

I wanted to see if I could get some feedback as to wich rom for the mpx220 has the better volume on the earmic between versions 1.47 and 1.49 and overall fixes . I loaded 1.49 and volume is much much better than before for sure. There where to many problems reported with the 3.0 versions so I did not bother with any of them. Is this true?
What is the best 3.0 rom version that is in english and not needing any edits other than changing it to english to make it work properly or closest to it ? Thanks.

This post has been edited by gadget: Jan 26 2006, 08:12 PM

+Quote Post
popanot
post Jan 26 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #4

I was kind fo curious if I could load the Cingular ROM on my unbranded MPx220. I had a Cingular branded MPx w/the Cingular ROM and had good volume/reception. It had charging issues so I bought a black Unbranded MPx and wouldn't mind giving the Cingualr ROM a try...

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Jan 27 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

QUOTE (popanot @ Jan 25 2006, 03:16 PM)
I just flashed to the Asian 3.51 and I'm trying to get the fonts on the Start/Contacts (at the botom of the Home Screen) and Menu options fonts back to the way they are in the Generic ROM (which I think are Arial or Tahoma Bold). I tried Omega's FAQ and it's not working.

I've copied Tahoma regular and Tahoma Bold to the \Storage\Windows\Fonts folder, have made the RegKey of FontPath (pointing to that folder), and have changed every value in the FontLink to that path\tahoma.ttf, Tahoma. I still get the pipsqueak lowercase font! Argh!!!

The fonts on my home screen are fine, but it's the menus, etc. I want to change. Is there another reg tweak or something I need to change???

The one in my blog should work, however I did this with an Asian ROM (3.45). I am not sure if this will work with other ROM versions, but I see no reason why it wouldn't.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:42 PM