Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,206
Phone: Palm Treo
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC

OK..here is one for ya.

I have a Dlink DI-524 wireless router(192.168.0.1) connected in my closet to the internet connection. I have the WIFI and DHCP turned off on this router. I have a Linksys 5 port switch plugged into the Dlink. I have a Linksys WRT54G(192.168.0.2) plugged into that switch and set to router mode and with DHCP off. The cable goes from the switch to one of the 4 ports of the Linksys router, NOT the WAN port. I have the DHCP server running from my Windows 2003 Server connected to the Dlink router.

I can connect all day long from my laptop wireless(set to DHCP). When I do a IPCONFIG /ALL on my laptop I get all the right information populated....gateway...dns servers, etc.

When I connect with my 8125, it connects and then only works for like 1 minute. Then wont resolve anything I try to connect to.

When I grab my next door neighbor's signal(dont tell him) just to test...it stays working for as long as I want.

I suppose my networking skills are lacking somewhere.

anyone have any thoughts on this?

thanks,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jadams951
post Jun 27 2006, 04:12 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,067
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

QUOTE (jaward @ Jun 26 2006, 07:14 PM) *
OK..here is one for ya.

I have a Dlink DI-524 wireless router(192.168.0.1) connected in my closet to the internet connection. I have the WIFI and DHCP turned off on this router. I have a Linksys 5 port switch plugged into the Dlink. I have a Linksys WRT54G(192.168.0.2) plugged into that switch and set to router mode and with DHCP off. The cable goes from the switch to one of the 4 ports of the Linksys router, NOT the WAN port. I have the DHCP server running from my Windows 2003 Server connected to the Dlink router.

I can connect all day long from my laptop wireless(set to DHCP). When I do a IPCONFIG /ALL on my laptop I get all the right information populated....gateway...dns servers, etc.

When I connect with my 8125, it connects and then only works for like 1 minute. Then wont resolve anything I try to connect to.

When I grab my next door neighbor's signal(dont tell him) just to test...it stays working for as long as I want.

I suppose my networking skills are lacking somewhere.

anyone have any thoughts on this?

thanks,

Is the router you are trying to connect to with the 8125 a B or G router?

If it's a G router have you done the registry edit that allows you to connect to a G router. The phone is set to only connect to a B router by default.

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Jun 27 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

may I ask why you have a wireless router with a switch connected to it and then another router?

I have one router, the same as your Linksys one, I have DHCP enabled. It works great. I think its redunant to have a router connected to a switch and the switch connected to another router....tho my networking skills are basic and I may just not know why someone may want a set up like yours lol.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:33 AM