Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

If you do not want the Cingular, T-Mobile or any other branding (splash screen etc) here is a CAB that will set the phone to the generic MS developer settings. It only changes the GIFs used for the operator logo, splash screen, dial bar, call gif and shutdown gif. It was created with the 2003 SDK but should work with 2002 MS Smartphones as well.

The CAB sets your phone up as unbranded using the gifs provided by Smeg. There are several ways to install the CAB. First download to your PC or phone and unzip the CAB.ZIP. This will leave you with genericBrand.CAB.

1. Move "genericBrand.CAB" to a folder on your phone such as TEMP
1a. Navigate on your phone using a file browser to TEMP and double click on genericBrand.CAB. This will install the CAB on your phone. You will need to soft reset for the effects to take place completely. If you don't want the "generic branding" you can uninstall by going to Settings>Remove Programs> "Abatis generic branding" and click remove.

The second method to install is as follows:

2. Copy the genericBranding.CAB to /Storage/Windows/Startup (not start menu) and than soft reset your phone. Anything you put in Startup will be executed upon reset. The CAB will install and than delete itself. Use the same method as described above to remove the generic branding. Good Luck and let me know if I need to change anything.

abatis
Attached File  genericBrand.zip ( 27.28K ) Number of downloads: 1382

changes include:
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 23 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Cool, thanks for making this abatis. I hope some people will get some use out of it.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:32 AM