Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why no Automatic setting on i600?
randalllewis
post Mar 13 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 877

After having switched from the MPx200 to the i600 because of the far superior coverage of Verizon over ATT, I've grown to like the i600 a lot. In some ways, it is better than the MPx200: the extended battery, the no visible smudge case, the bigger, better lit keypad.

But there are minuses too. The most disappointing thing to me is the missing "automatic" profile setting. I had just assumed this was a feature of the OS and not something Motorola came up with. Why would Samsung not include such a feature. (For those that don't know, the automatic profile swtiches the phone from ring to vibrate and back without intervention from you based on your Outlook calendar. No more accidental rings in meetings. It's a great feature.)

I certainly won't trade the superior signal coverage of Verizon for this feature, but this was clearly a flub by Samsung or Verizon or someone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sleepless
post May 10 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 382

Wow, you are the first person that I've heard that actually liked the Automatic profile; I found it to be so unreliable to make it completely unusable... probably why Samsung left it off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:04 PM