> Application unlock?
frank.lui
post Apr 20 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,543
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Orange

I am new here. Recently, I took Runningtiger's suggestion to step into the water of PPC. Last week I bought an O2 XDA Mini S, (also called i-mate KJam/Qtek 9100/MDA Vario) and really impressed by its function.

Today, I tried my first application installation but failed. I download Adobe Reader 2.0 from its website. After installation, I got a warning saying 'installation is failed because this application has no proper digital signature'. This seems to suggest my XDA is application locked, as similar to my MPX200 smart phone. I used a application unlock program to install applications in smart phone. I would like to know if my PPC need similar programme and where can find it.

Thanks a lot
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 21 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

It also know here in the US as the T-Mobile MDA and all variants of this model are referred to as the HTC Wizard. I unlocked my Wizard (mine is a T-Mobile MDA) using the files found in "lokiwiz.zip". In the left hand column of this page, scroll down until you see the box "Mobilegadgetnews Friends" then click on XDA-Developers and search for the file I mentioned and/or, go to the Wizard forum there and read all about unlocking etc.

Be careful...there are G3 & G4 Wizards...make sure you know what you got before you do anything!

At XDA's Wizard forum the second sticky down is the Difinitive Guide to Unlocking G3's...start there and have fun!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
frank.lui
post Apr 23 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Apr 21 2007, 01:44 AM) *
It also know here in the US as the T-Mobile MDA and all variants of this model are referred to as the HTC Wizard. I unlocked my Wizard (mine is a T-Mobile MDA) using the files found in "lokiwiz.zip". In the left hand column of this page, scroll down until you see the box "Mobilegadgetnews Friends" then click on XDA-Developers and search for the file I mentioned and/or, go to the Wizard forum there and read all about unlocking etc.

Be careful...there are G3 & G4 Wizards...make sure you know what you got before you do anything!

At XDA's Wizard forum the second sticky down is the Difinitive Guide to Unlocking G3's...start there and have fun!

Had a look at your recommendation but a bit of confusing. My XDA is SIM unlocked already because I can use Orange SIM card in it (of course O2 as well). I just unable to install application in it. The programme you refer to seems a SIM unlocking rather than a Application unlocking (at least in Smart phone forum they call the programme this way).

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 23 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Sorry about that. My bad. I have to leave right now but will post a better link later. Sorry again.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 24 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

This page has more than one thing you might be interested in, but APP unlock is the first one on the list.

Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
frank.lui
post Apr 24 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Apr 24 2007, 08:55 AM) *
This page has more than one thing you might be interested in, but APP unlock is the first one on the list.

Good luck!

Thanks, I will have a go.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:22 AM