IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WiFi Clarity, Can anyone clear this up?
menase
post Jun 23 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,630
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have been looking at the T-Mobile SDA for a couple of days now and have talked to 4 different CS Reps who have all given me different stories with the WiFi capabilities.

Here is what I want to do. I just want to connect my SDA using my WiFi conneciton at home and my own service provider to be able to use IE on the phone and possibly stream audio/video from sites. I do not want the ability to use WiFi anywhere or at T-mobile HotSpots, I could care less about them. The onlyplace I want to use WiFi is at places where I have a wireless access point set up with my own internet provider.

I have been told that I have to have the T-Mobile internet access plan no matter what and that I CAN NOT use my own WiFi, I have also been told the WiFi will ONLY work with T-Mobiles service and not any other.

Can anyone tell me if I can or cannot use the regular 802.11b WiFi included with the phone without having to sign up for ANY additional services from T-Mobile other than my existing Family Plan Voice package, as long as I have access to my own access point?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 23 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

That's a bunch of BS. You can use wifi with any 802.11b access point, and you do not have to get a data plan to connect at home.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
menase
post Jun 25 2006, 01:40 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 23 2006, 06:04 PM) *
That's a bunch of BS. You can use wifi with any 802.11b access point, and you do not have to get a data plan to connect at home.

Thanks,

Yeah i finally just gave up and got the phone anyway, wi-fi was only onw of the many reasons I nwated this thing. It does connect to ANY b access point like a champ. Too bad my access point at home is g only. Now I have to get the g registry hack or cab to work.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 25 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Why not set you router at home to b+g? What kind do you have? Most are easy to set.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
menase
post Jun 25 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (abatis @ Jun 25 2006, 12:33 AM) *
Why not set you router at home to b+g? What kind do you have? Most are easy to set.

It was already set to b and g but wouldnt connect for some reason. firmware update fixed everything. same settings new firmware and i'm on without any problems.

Thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:16 PM