post Jun 16 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,781
Phone: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

I am using a t-mobile mda My first PPCPE device. Womdering what everyone likes in a bluetooth headset that seems to work well with this device any recomendations or experiece will be helpful. I used a Moto 500 I thought it was OK but that was about it

Thanks in advance

Jeff
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 16 2006, 04:30 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Headsets I recommend with any phone:

-Nextlink Bluespoon AX2 - Available at Radio Shack

-Jabra JX10 - Get it online. Best Buy has it, but it really expensive there

-Plantronics Discovery 640/645 - Get it wherever you can find it cheapest. CompUSA has the 640.

All three of those are really good headsets that I like a lot. I'm currently using the JX10, and it's great, but not for everyone. Depending on what your usage it (in a convertible, quite room, etc), I would recommend one of those three.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
irayvin
post Jun 16 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

I like the look of the Jabra jx10 does is work well all ii have used is a moto and they seem to get a bit of wind noise how does the jabra seeem also i found it at Cell hut on line for $104.00 best that i found so far have you ever heard of cell hut they seem ok

Jeff

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 16 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

I got my JX10 on ebay for $80 shipped. It works fairly well. It has DSP technology, which is supposed to cancel out background and wind noises. Compared to the other headsets I've used, the JX10 does a great job of cancelling out the wind. If that's your main concern, I'd look at the Logitech Mobile Traveller or Mobile Freedom. The Freedom is a little older and bigger, but much cheaper. Here's a JX10 for $94.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 16 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I am using the Logitech Mobile Traveller. It works well, however I had to superglue the boom in one position because it became so loose the boom would just dangle straight down. After gluing it, I like it and it works well outside and in airports etc.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jun 16 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I can vouch for the Plantronics 640 being excellent and it cost between $70-$100 dollars these days. Be careful Cingular customers - I was in one of their stores the other day and noticed they have a "special" packaged version of this headset. And by "special" I mean it doesn't come with everything and costs more. Say, that IS special. The Cingular package doesn't include the adapters for all the phones or the metal case to keep everything in. Their online store sells the complete package as it's sold in regular stores like Best Buy and Fry's.

I've only had the Plantronics and a Motorola and there is NO comparison. The Plantronics is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better. It's much louder and crisper - not muddled sounding and it stays put (no flopping around). I don't drive a convertible so I don't know how it is with wind noise (though it is not specifically designed to cancel it out) but I can say in a Jeep (enclosed) flying down the highway (read loud tire noise) there is no problem carrying on a conversation. Same is true in a noisy cafe during lunch hour. Everytime I've thought the person on the other end might have a hard time hearing me 'cuz I could hardly hear myself think, I've asked and everytime I've been told I'm loud and clear. I've actually got it turned down a notch or two most the time 'cuz it's too loud!

I just did a quick google search and found a head to head comparison of the Plantronics and Jabra you might find interesting...or not! laugh.gif http://www.everythingtreo.com/forum/blueto...640-a-4430.html (I'll save you the trouble if you don't want to read it...conclusion: Plantronics was the guy's favorite.) Smeg's had both so his opinion is worthy as well.

Fun fact: the bad guys on the TV show "24" were all wearing Jabra jx10s this last "day" (season). Made me laugh and I thought of Smeg everytime they showed up on screen!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Jun 16 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525

I use a Sony Ericsson HBH 608, I am replacing it with the soon to be released Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435 which is the first behind the ear model from SE. I hope to get it soon, its on preorder.

Edit: Both these headsets are digital and BT 2.0. Also they have DSP as well. I really like my 608 its loud comfortable and easy to use. I get my headsets from www.mobilecityonline.com. They used to be Gadget Freaks...still a great place always quick with the shipping and there prices are pretty low.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
irayvin
post Jun 17 2006, 03:46 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Thanks to all for all your input I have decided to go with the Jabra JX10 i will let you know how it works out and thanks for the link Smeg it was the lowest price i ordered there and got free shipping.
Jeff

+Quote Post
hkdkat
post Oct 16 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 13,511
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod
Google Talk ID: hkdkat

I am using the Sony Ericsson HBH-662 Akono and it pairs quite nicely w/my phone (8125). When I bought it awhile back, the cheapest I found it was on ebay...the guy had a ton of them...I wondered if they'd fallen off the back of a truck somewhere but I got one as did one of my co-workers and they work fine (she's got a pearl and used it w/the t-mobile blackberry in the past).

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 16 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

The 662 is a great headset as well. I only had two complaints with it; the earhook was unsecure and uncomfortable, and the volunme was too low for my ears.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 16 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #11

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

Since my post above regarding the Plantronics 640, made back in June, I've acquired a Plantronics 320 that I can recommend highly as well. I use it with my HTC i-mate SP5m and it pairs perfectly and works great. It has the same qualities as the 640 I wrote about above...mainly being very loud and having very good sound quality on both ends of the conversation. It's a bit bigger than the 640 but in exchange gives me a full 10 hours of talk/listening time (compared to 5 with the 640).

The ear hook is more sturdy (but, not removable like the 640) so the 320 can be pocketed without any concerns about losing the detachable ear hook and ear gel like the 640. I never found a good way to carry the 640 when it wasn't in my ear. I managed to lose my ear hook and ear gel when they disconnected from the main unit while I was carrying them in my pocket. Those particular parts are quite inexpensive to replace so I wasn't too bummed after I got my new ones in a couple days.

The extended talk time on the 320 works great for me 'cuz I listen to my music quite a bit sometimes. I like knowing I can listen for hours and still have enough charge time remaining that if I want (or NEED) to make a phone call - I can do that too. Plus, I put the thing in my pants pocket all the time and it survives. It's seems very sturdy to me.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:37 PM