IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weird Sound Problem..., My phone becomes a quiet chipmunk!
GrYph0n
post Aug 28 2006, 06:09 AM
Post #1

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Okay I have come across an odd problem lately. At random times the sounds on my phone will increase in pitch and tempo (faster), and this also makes them much quieter. At first I thought it was just ringtones and alerts that were affected, but then I opened up Media Player to test out a song, and sure enough it was affected as well. Now this problem magically goes away with a soft reset, but it always comes back making my ringtones sound really funny, and causes me to have missed several calls since it is so much quieter (and I know it has nothing to do with the volume, that never changes). Mapopolis is also affected by the problem, it will speed up the voice on that as well and you can hardly hear it with the radio on, but normally it is loud enough to get my attention when needed. Has anyone else seen behavior like this?

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 30 2006, 05:21 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Even weirder (that a word? Oh well it works)...

It seems my little "bug" was only biting for a few days. I haven't noticed it lately. Very strange, very strange indeed...

EDIT/UPDATE: Seems I was lured into a false sense of security. I have recently been creating new tones and the problem struck again. I know that it has nothing to do with the tones because it was a problem before I got back into the ringtone making game, and it still affects every sound that the phone produces. It is like it shuts off the speaker, and everything feeds through the ear piece at a higher tempo, if that makes sense.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:10 AM