smeg36
post Dec 20 2006, 05:59 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I've personally used all but the i830 (which is essentially an i730 without wifi and with international GSM roaming), and they all have their strong suits and faults. Of the 3 the one I'd recommend the least to someone who just wants to pick up a device and go is the 700w. It takes a lot of work to get it going perfectly because of the limited 32MB RAM. It's a toss-up between the xv6700 and the i730. I never did get to use my i730 with WM5 though, it came after I sold the device. I think with WM5 the i730 would win out though. The features are great, the screen is much better than the xv6700, and I personally like the vertical thumb board to the horizontal one because it can be used for dialing without touching the screen.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Dec 20 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,455
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: None
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Dec 20 2006, 12:59 AM) *
I've personally used all but the i830 (which is essentially an i730 without wifi and with international GSM roaming), and they all have their strong suits and faults. Of the 3 the one I'd recommend the least to someone who just wants to pick up a device and go is the 700w. It takes a lot of work to get it going perfectly because of the limited 32MB RAM. It's a toss-up between the xv6700 and the i730. I never did get to use my i730 with WM5 though, it came after I sold the device. I think with WM5 the i730 would win out though. The features are great, the screen is much better than the xv6700, and I personally like the vertical thumb board to the horizontal one because it can be used for dialing without touching the screen.

i wonder when the I760 will come out. i'm always "trailing edge" so i hope this pushes pricing down for the older phones dry.gif

--------------------
lonesome vzw smartphone user
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 PM