Xeno
post Sep 30 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,190
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel

I got a 3125 and passed my MPX 220 on to my wife. I took the Cingular SIM card from her M V600 and all the basics that she needs to work seem okay.

At first when I retrieved a couple of voicemail messages for her, I heard something about an error or wrong key but it went on and I got the voice mail. Now today I heard something like this:
Incorrect key - whether I push the softkey for voicemail or hold down 1 on the keypad
Notification on or off - press 1
Administrative options - press 2
Greetings - press 3
Notifications options - 4 (at least that's what it sounded like to me)
Are you there?
Then it repeats the above.

I don't know if this is a temporarily problem but it is calling the correct number and I had no problems with voicemail when I used the MPX. And I thought all the settings were on the network so that entering this menu might cause havoc for my two other phones (mine + mother) that are on the family plan.

I know that I can get voicemail for the MPX by turning it off and dialing her number then using the * key on the other phone, etc. But I'm confused that this did work at first and now does not. I don't know about calling Cingular because I'm sure they would rather I buy my wife a new phone rather then give her my old unit even though it is from Cingular.

Any advice would be most welcome.

--------------------
Cingular 3125, MPX 220 1.43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Sep 30 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,190
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel

I will leave the original messag so it can be kept in the archives should that be appropriate.
I decided to call Cingular. They helped with no problem and only had to do something like a power on/off and now - for the moment at least - VM on the MPX is working as it should. I had myself powered off the MPX more than once including at least once today but that had not solved the problem.

This post has been edited by Xeno: Sep 30 2006, 09:23 PM

--------------------
Cingular 3125, MPX 220 1.43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:25 PM