hayrettin
post Aug 19 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,208
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PMC: Other

Have no imei at my mpx after loading a fix.img ... now my phone is working but cant fial just accept calls .. is there any solution for this ? waiting helps... btw hi everybody at forum
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 19 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

There are two ways to do the free unlock method, one that has you creating the fix.img file with your IMEI, and one that has you flashing a fix.img file that doesn't contain your IMEI. If you did the second method, and didn't create a orig.raw file in the process, then your IMEI is lost. If you did create a orig.raw, you can flash it and get your IMEI back. It will relock your phone, but then you can try the process again to successfully unlock without loosing the IMEI.

If your IMEI is lost it shouldn't effect your ability to use the phone. Many people on the forum here have done the second method and been able to use their phone no problem other than having no IMEI when they go to check what it is. If you can't accept calls the problem could lay elsewhere. Unless your service provider is somehow monitoring IMEIs and blocking a phone if it doesn't identify it. But I've never heard of that happening anywhere.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
hayrettin
post Aug 19 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Aug 19 2006, 03:41 PM) *
There are two ways to do the free unlock method, one that has you creating the fix.img file with your IMEI, and one that has you flashing a fix.img file that doesn't contain your IMEI. If you did the second method, and didn't create a orig.raw file in the process, then your IMEI is lost. If you did create a orig.raw, you can flash it and get your IMEI back. It will relock your phone, but then you can try the process again to successfully unlock without loosing the IMEI.

If your IMEI is lost it shouldn't effect your ability to use the phone. Many people on the forum here have done the second method and been able to use their phone no problem other than having no IMEI when they go to check what it is. If you can't accept calls the problem could lay elsewhere. Unless your service provider is somehow monitoring IMEIs and blocking a phone if it doesn't identify it. But I've never heard of that happening anywhere.

l made a big mistake sad.gif .. didnt save the orig file .. andnow there is noway sad.gif

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Aug 21 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,805
Phone: Dopod s300
PocketPC: Asus

hayrettin, the simple solution - take normal MPx200 from someone, generate the fix.img and later flash it to your phone. Thus you will get someone's IMEI and you'll have no problems with your provider.

This post has been edited by AndrewSh: Aug 21 2006, 04:53 PM

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

+Quote Post
awarner
post Aug 21 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #5

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

Apart from what you are suggesting is ilegal as it would be classed as cloning the device.
Altering the IMEI in any way is ileagal in most countries in the world.

smeg36 depending where you are the IMEI is vital for phone as the number is sent to the network to validate the device.
In Europe stolen devices can be blocked and therefore made useless by blacklisting the IMEI.

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 21 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I knew some foreign providers could block an IMEI if it was stolen, but I didn't realize that you wouldn't get service if you didn't broadcast the IMEI. Good info, thanks. Unfortunately in the USA we don't have any kind of security feature like that for GSM to stop the criminals.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Aug 22 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #7

awarner , it's not 100 percent legal solution but it works. If for example your buddy with the same phone model has nothing against - why not?
In my country one provider (actually cheap and with shitty coverage) also has a blacklist so a lot of juveniles with ex AT&T locked phones from Ebay have to do that.

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 22 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Aug 22 2006, 04:17 AM) *
If for example your buddy with the same phone model has nothing against - why not?

You answered your own question.

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Aug 22 2006, 04:17 AM) *
it's not 100 percent legal solution

Now, we don't provide the directions to this unlock method on the site here because while we want to help all we can, we don't want to help the criminals who use this method to change the IMEI of a stolen phone. Here in the US there aren't any laws that I know of restricting the alteration of an IMEI, so if you live in the US I'd say go for it as long as you truly are only trying to fix a mistake. There'd be no other reason to do it here because an IMEI can't get blacklisted yet, and MPx200s without an IMEI still work perfectly so that wouldn't be your problem anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hayrettin
post Aug 24 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Aug 22 2006, 04:23 PM) *
You answered your own question.
Now, we don't provide the directions to this unlock method on the site here because while we want to help all we can, we don't want to help the criminals who use this method to change the IMEI of a stolen phone. Here in the US there aren't any laws that I know of restrictingimei the alteration of an IMEI, so if you live in the US I'd say go for it as long as you truly are only trying to fix a mistake. There'd be no other reason to do it here because an IMEI can't get blacklisted yet, and MPx200s without an IMEI still work perfectly so that wouldn't be your problem anyway.

without imei l can accept calls and also send msgs and also its just with one proider not with others.. 2 nd point its illegal to clone imei numbers... l check the img files but evrything is meaningless.. also l load ff.img just for a test ... l have a imei number at my mobile but its forbidden one... the point how can we add a number to that img file...

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Aug 28 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (hayrettin @ Aug 24 2006, 09:42 PM) *
... the point how can we add a number to that img file...

No chance to do it manually, buddy, if you are not the WinCE software developer smile.gif . If yes - all tools are there: http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/downloads/

--------------------

+Quote Post
hayrettin
post Aug 28 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Aug 21 2006, 06:52 PM) *
hayrettin, the simple solution - take normal MPx200 from someone, generate the fix.img and later flash it to your phone. Thus you will get someone's IMEI and you'll have no problems with your provider.

l also treid that too but not worked still have no imei number... l asked a friend to beckup his phone and then he sent the file to me l upgrade my mpx200 with that file but stil have no imei number ... did ldo something wrong ? or is there anyone that have that file whose living outside .. hoping to have a help .. thakns

+Quote Post
Prince Of Pain
post Jan 22 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 14,680
Carrier: Vodafone

QUOTE (hayrettin @ Aug 19 2006, 10:11 AM) *
Have no imei at my mpx after loading a fix.img ... now my phone is working but cant fial just accept calls .. is there any solution for this ? waiting helps... btw hi everybody at forum

i got same problem; tried to alter IMEI but now i got no IMEI number biggrin.gif
otherwise using others (MPX200)'s fix.img doesnot work!
anyone could help me pls??? sad.gif

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jan 22 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

If you don't have the backup of your own phone's IMEI from before you tried to flash the fix.img, there's nothing you can do. The IMEI is gone for good.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 AM