trewang
post Jun 25 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,854
Phone: SX66/PDA2k
Carrier: T-Mobile

i just received the chainpus keyboard in the mail, and started messing around with it.. honestly i have no idea how to use this thing.. put in a battery.. expanded the keyboard installed the software and tried typing in the "keyboard test" part of the keyboard application.. doesnt seem to do much so far even with the new driver

is the keyboard supposed to work straight after you unfold it and activate keyboard in the "keyboard settings", or do i have to turn it on or something of the sort? the documentation is really poor.

i am waiting for my dell x30 620mhz ppc to test with this (if it even has ir haha) also.. but it wont ship til july 12th or so

anyone have expereince with this keyboard and know how its supposed to run? thanks

ps. i noticed that when i "Active keyboard" in the keyboard settings, the external lcd of the mpx200 is almost continously on.. probably from IR frequencies?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Jun 25 2004, 09:08 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

yes, it also installed it in startup (you may want to remove that, it is murder on the battery). Your Keyboard should work instantly. Make sure that the alignment is good. I really hope that you can manage to get yours working...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 30 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Bill on forums here posted the following. Gryph I know why your KB worked and mine didn't - there are two version with the same model number. The driver update doesn't help those that bought the earlier version - so it seems: Bill says

"I purchased an SK-6688 keyboard for my MPX200 phone and it arrived with the V1.2.1 Driver. I tried downloading the V2.10 driver (it insalled ok on my MPX200 phone) but it did not work with the keyboard. I contacted Chainpus and they indicated there were two hardware versions of the SK-6688 keyboard (with the same model number). Apparently you need to make sure you receive a keyboard that already has the V2.10 driver on the CD or the Hardware may not be compatable. Anyone else have a similar experience?"

Bill

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:02 PM