post Feb 9 2006, 02:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,302
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: None
PMC: Other

I have a 5600 smartphone for a few months and have loved it, however suddenly it just froze on the green audiovox load screen and then the blue windows screen and does nothing beyond that. I tried to reset (hold soft keys + power button) and that went through the motions like it woudl work - then Nothing.. I ordered a new battery ...still nothing. I dont know what to do or why it got this way. Does anyone have any helpful hints or similair problems. I bought this on ebay and reprogrammed for Tmobile so is this the problem? If so why did it work for so many months?

Please help me!! Thanks for your time.

also any word on Tmobile smartphone release? sometime this month i heard...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 9 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Did you successfully get the hard reset screen when holding the soft buttons and powering on? It is really tricky to get to the screen that asks you to press 0. Did you get to the screen that asks you to press 0? If not, keep trying until you get the timing right and get that screen.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Pissed at VOX
post Feb 16 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,279
Carrier: Alltel

Im having the exact same problems. I know that the last post was in 05 but I payed a buttload for the phone unlocked and all of a sudden it stops working.

Just wondering if you ever found out how to fix or if u called and it was resolved.

Plz respond im gettin tired of my $250 lcd flashlight mad.gif

+Quote Post
abatis
post Feb 16 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I guess you could try reflashing the ROM. When I used to play with differentt SMT5600 ROMs I once had a stuck screen. With a little patience the phone was revived. It could be worse = dead. Something is corrput. If you could hard reset would be best, but a flash be needed as a last resort. Did you have your data backed up?

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
Lousson
post Feb 23 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,915
MP3 Player: iPod

QUOTE (abatis @ Feb 16 2006, 08:01 AM) *
I guess you could try reflashing the ROM. When I used to play with differentt SMT5600 ROMs I once had a stuck screen. With a little patience the phone was revived. It could be worse = dead. Something is corrput. If you could hard reset would be best, but a flash be needed as a last resort. Did you have your data backed up?

Sorry to hear about your SMT5600 problem. Did you call Audiovox? If your phone is still under warranty, they'll fix it for you. Otherwise, maybe you could take it to one of their authorized service centers.
Good luck!

+Quote Post
lcolquett
post Feb 23 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,302
PocketPC: None
PMC: Other

QUOTE (Lousson @ Feb 23 2006, 03:12 PM) *
Sorry to hear about your SMT5600 problem. Did you call Audiovox? If your phone is still under warranty, they'll fix it for you. Otherwise, maybe you could take it to one of their authorized service centers.
Good luck!

well i bought the phone on ebay so no warranty. I did the hard reset several times and still nothing. I am wondering if the SD memory card may have caused this? It faltered about a month after I bought that? still cant get it past that windows mobile screen so i would love any advice. also do i have to have my sim in to revive the phone?

+Quote Post
seawolf
post Feb 27 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (lcolquett @ Feb 8 2006, 06:33 PM) *
I have a 5600 smartphone for a few months and have loved it, however suddenly it just froze on the green audiovox load screen and then the blue windows screen and does nothing beyond that. I tried to reset (hold soft keys + power button) and that went through the motions like it woudl work - then Nothing.. I ordered a new battery ...still nothing. I dont know what to do or why it got this way. Does anyone have any helpful hints or similair problems. I bought this on ebay and reprogrammed for Tmobile so is this the problem? If so why did it work for so many months?

Please help me!! Thanks for your time.
also any word on Tmobile smartphone release? sometime this month i heard...

Did you try the hard reset as described by smeg36? After getting screen asking you to press 0, wait for 10 minutes (you'll be stuck on the blue windows mobile screen during this time). If the phone does not successfully boot after the 10 minute wait, you'll need to reflash it as described at:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=201334&hl=

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:28 AM