IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Qtek 8500 or Qtek S200 Which is better?
DrBrains
post May 28 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,517
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other

I'm using a MPX200 with the unoffical WM5 ROM and I like it a lot.

I'm looking for a new phone with all the main features I have now but it should have bluetooth (and wifi would be nice). I can't decide which is better the Qtek 8500 which comes very close to the phone I'm used to: slightly higher, but tinner and a keyboard. Or.. the Qtek S200 which is more a PPC then a smartphone.

The only reason I can think of for getting the S200 over the 8500 would be that it is a PPC and there would be more software availlable (or is there??)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hylton
post May 31 2006, 05:46 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,445
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other

QUOTE (DrBrains @ May 28 2006, 12:33 PM) *
I'm using a MPX200 with the unoffical WM5 ROM and I like it a lot.

I'm looking for a new phone with all the main features I have now but it should have bluetooth (and wifi would be nice). I can't decide which is better the Qtek 8500 which comes very close to the phone I'm used to: slightly higher, but tinner and a keyboard. Or.. the Qtek S200 which is more a PPC then a smartphone.

The only reason I can think of for getting the S200 over the 8500 would be that it is a PPC and there would be more software availlable (or is there??)

Depends on what kind of software you want, but yes, more available for PPC than for smartphone...but if what you need is available, then no real reason to not consider the smartphone platform unless you want a bigger screen, touch-screen and stylus, and wifi...if any of those three are important for you, then consider the S200...otherwise, if the software you need is available, the 8500 is way smaller and easier to use as a one-handed device.

Chris

+Quote Post
DrBrains
post Jun 2 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,517
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other

QUOTE (hylton @ May 31 2006, 07:46 AM) *
Depends on what kind of software you want, but yes, more available for PPC than for smartphone...but if what you need is available, then no real reason to not consider the smartphone platform unless you want a bigger screen, touch-screen and stylus, and wifi...if any of those three are important for you, then consider the S200...otherwise, if the software you need is available, the 8500 is way smaller and easier to use as a one-handed device.

Chris

I have decided: I'm waiting for the Qtek 8500 to become availlable here in the Netherlands. The S200 is in stores for quite some time now, but the 8500 still isn't. Wifi was one feature I would have liked to have on my mobile device, but... it's most likely that i'll be using a "normal" laptop with wifi when a hotspot or a wireless network (home or work) is availlable. I have glanced at the mio A701 because it has a build in GPS receiver, but it's size is even larger then the S200.

Don't forget: the main function of the device is still: phone!! and second: camera, calendar, navigator etc... so the choice is: go with a phone: a smartphone that is!!

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jun 3 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

Couldn't agree with you more. I can't wait to read your posts once you get the 8500. I soooooooo want one! I want the wi-fi too, but will take a flip phone anyday of the week over the other form factor. But, that's just me...and you too apparently! laugh.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
hylton
post Jun 3 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,445
Phone: MPx220
PocketPC: Other

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Jun 3 2006, 12:54 AM) *
...and you too apparently! laugh.gif

and me too, definitely going w/ the qtek as soon as i can get one...delays delays delays...typical for new phones, but this time i'm involved in it...hehe...

anyway...yea, i used to always want a PPC phone until i stumbled onto the smartphone OS w/ my smt5600 and after moving on to my first flip w/ the mpx220...couldn't go back...definitely the qtek will be my next phone and hopefully soon.

chris

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:26 AM