Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Voicemail Speed Dial with Password
patag
post Mar 9 2004, 04:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,152

I looked around and didn't find any information about being able to speed dial voicemail and have it auto enter your password. When I called my Verizon rep, they didn't know how to do it either. But I managed to figure it out.

Go into Programs / Settings / Call Options. Scroll down until you see the Voice mail number option.

*86 is the option to dial voice mail, all you need to do is enter a couple of pauses a # symbol, your password, then end with another # symbol.

Let's say my password is 12345, I would enter the following:

*86ppp#p12345#

By default, t9 isn't turned on while entering the information, so press and hold the * key and it will cycle through all of the text entry options. Let go of the * key with t9 appears in the upper right hand corner.

patag
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sympatico
post Mar 23 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,392

Thanks. I tried to change this using the hot key, but to no avail. Your solution worked for me. I recently switched from Sprint (customer for 7 years) and never had to put in the code, but the reception here in Detroit area is so much better with the Verizon (even though the Sprint Sanyo was only a few months old). Happy with the carrier switch so far. And I really like the phone (though I'm still learning to use the features).

+Quote Post
Roby
post Jul 14 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,032

Thanks for the tip. Worked with the hot key 1. Just had to wait for a few seconds while the macro line had finshed. 2 verses of "Please enter our password then press pound" I changed it to *86p#p12345# and I get the voice prompt and it logs me in.

+Quote Post
candlepop
post Mar 7 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,745
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: Verizon

QUOTE (Roby @ Jul 14 2004, 12:22 AM)
Thanks for the tip. Worked with the hot key 1.  Just had to wait for a few seconds while the macro line had finshed. 2 verses of "Please enter our password then press pound" I changed it to *86p#p12345# and I get the voice prompt and it logs me in.

do any of you know a trick on how to check verizon wireless voicemail for free from your cellphone? I recently switched to verizon from sprint and on sprint I was able to call another sprint pcs phone (so it was a free call), get my friend's voicemail, dial *#myphone number#, then my pwd# and i'd get my voicemail and it wouldn't cost me minutes. This doesn't work on verizon wireless. Is there some other trick? thanks.

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Aug 15 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

test

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 14 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #6

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Great tip, I am new to Verizon and the tip makes life easier.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:35 PM