Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I have dumped my Asus net-book for the Apple iPad while traveling. The iPad is lighter and the battery is far better versus the net-book. I have been using the App "Desktop" along with the iPad resident VPN APP to log on to my company Windows PC to work on the road. One limitation of the iPad for me is the virtual keyboard to do any serious typing such as with Word or Power Point on my remote machine. I decided to try a wireless keyboard solution and the Rocketfish iPad Keyboard Capsule seemed like a reasonable compromise for my use. First, the set up and pairing is easy. You still need to make touch selection of Apps to run but once you choose an APP including Safari or iCab you can type using the RocketFish keyboard. The Rocketfish works reasonably well with the remote windows connection as well. Overall a decent solution if you want to travel lighter than a net-book to do serious typing work.

Pros: Easy pairing between Rocketfish Keyboard Capsule and iPad, good protection of iPad, keyboard is good with iPad specific shortcuts.

Cons: The Rocketfish capsule allows only limited iPad screen rotation. It needs to allow for further screen rotation backwards for viewing beyond 90 degrees with the iPad in the holder system. An added mouse function would be a great addition. Cost is $99, should be more like $69.

Yes I know the iPad is not a net-book, but with the remote access to your main PC the iPad makes a great travel device, if you can use a real kepboard.

Attached Image
http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products.../RF-ICAP12.html

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:50 PM