Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help I need a dead T-mobile SIM
fun4runner
post May 11 2005, 08:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,962

I need help, I need a T-Mobile Sim, I purchased an unlock code, but I need a tmobile sim card to enter the code and unlock the phone.

My main problem is I am stationed in Germany and have no access to a T-mobile sim card. T-Mobile Germany is a whole different company and their SIMs do not work. I need a US sim that someone does not need anymore.

Help!!!! email me at funglenn@ hotmail.com

This post has been edited by fun4runner: May 18 2005, 11:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kinggdogg
post May 11 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,552
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (fun4runner @ May 11 2005, 08:30 AM)
I need help, I need a T-Mobile Sim, I purchased an unlock code, but I need a tmobile sim card to enter the code and unlock the phone.

My main problem is I am stationed in Germany and have no access to a T-mobile sim card. T-Mobile Germany is a whole different company and their SIMs do not work.  I need a US sim that someone does not need anymore.

Help!!!! email me at glenn.garay@ ramstein.af.mil

I've never unlocked a HP6315 specifically but I've unlocked quite a few other phones... You need a SIM OTHER than what it is locked to. Borrow someones local SIM for a minute and pop it in. You will be prompted to enter the unlock code. No need for a T-mo sim.

+Quote Post
fun4runner
post May 12 2005, 06:20 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (kinggdogg @ May 11 2005, 12:59 PM)
I've never unlocked a HP6315 specifically but I've unlocked quite a few other phones... You need a SIM OTHER than what it is locked to. Borrow someones local SIM for a minute and pop it in. You will be prompted to enter the unlock code. No need for a T-mo sim.

I am trying to unlock a US T-mobile unit. I have a ATT SIM and a German O2 sim, no luck with the code I got from www.ipaqunlock.com

Question if it states "
I have used up all my attempts to unlock the phone. Please
contact your mobile phone service provider for assistance."

Is it now locked for life?

HELP!! I have even tried without any SIM in it, but no luck, even in flight mode. Can I use a different ROM?

+Quote Post
kinggdogg
post May 12 2005, 06:29 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (fun4runner @ May 12 2005, 06:20 AM)
I am trying to unlock a US T-mobile unit. I have a ATT SIM and a German O2 sim, no luck with the code I got from www.ipaqunlock.com

Question if it states "
I have used up all my attempts to unlock the phone. Please
contact your mobile phone service provider for assistance."

Is it now locked for life?

HELP!! I have even tried without any SIM in it, but no luck, even in flight mode. Can I use a different ROM?

Their website states that you can soft-reset the 6315 and try entering again. I can't confirm that it will work, but it is worth a try.

This post has been edited by kinggdogg: May 12 2005, 06:30 AM

+Quote Post
fun4runner
post May 12 2005, 10:04 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (kinggdogg @ May 12 2005, 01:29 AM)
Their website states that you can soft-reset the 6315 and try entering again. I can't confirm that it will work, but it is worth a try.

I have tried both soft and hard resets. Anyone know if I can go back to the original ROM or anyone I currently have the new tmobile release

+Quote Post
kinggdogg
post May 12 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (fun4runner @ May 12 2005, 10:04 AM)
I have tried both soft and hard resets. Anyone know if I can go back to the original ROM or anyone I currently have the new tmobile release

A new ROM won't help things. You need to contact T-Mobile and get the Network PUK code (I think that is what it's called) from them. Your best bet is give all of the information (Phone model and IMEI) to a friend that has T-Mobile in the States and have them call customer care.

.. And talk to Tech Support at the Company that gave you the code. It should have been a straight forward process, did they give you more than one code to try? Sometimes the first one doesn't work and you need to try one further down the list.

+Quote Post
fun4runner
post May 12 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (kinggdogg @ May 12 2005, 10:41 AM)
A new ROM won't help things. You need to contact T-Mobile and get the Network PUK code (I think that is what it's called) from them. Your best bet is give all of the information (Phone model and IMEI) to a friend that has T-Mobile in the States and have them call customer care.

.. And talk to Tech Support at the Company that gave you the code. It should have been a straight forward process, did they give you more than one code to try? Sometimes the first one doesn't work and you need to try one further down the list.

I thought the Network PUK code was only for my SIM. I have tried manyof those, and they all still work in other phones. I am going to sell the phone since this is becoming a royal problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:55 PM