Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

Hey there everybody. I have been having more issues with this phone. I really like it but its been getting worse.

I noticed that i have been dropping phone calls way more than usual. I have been with Cingular for almost 3 years now and have probably dropped 2 phone calls up until the Blackjack. Since I have had the Blackjack, about 5 phone calls have been dropped and it hasn't even been a month. I have been through 4 different headsets and all had audio issues (static, popping sound). The only one that is manageable is the Plantronics 640E, the LG was the worse. I know it can't be the network because I never had these issues with my Moto v551, Sony Ericcson, Moto Mpx220, and Cingular 2125. I have used the same headsets with almost all of them.

My question is this, has ANYONE with a Blackjack had any of these issues? What BT headsets are working with your Blackjack? Have you had any dropped calls since you've received your Blackjack? I need to know just to make sure that I am right in the fact that I have a defective phone before the 30-day return period is up.

I do really like this BlackJack. I have become customed to its form and function.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by SkippyTheNurse: Jan 2 2007, 05:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
error
post Jan 2 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,291

I originally bought the Moto H700, but it was horrible. Then I bought the Plantronics 640, which is like night and day, only problem I've gotten is sometimes when I connect, it sounds like I have a bad connection with the person and I have to disconnect the headset and reconnect and call them back, but after that it's fine. I think it only happens when I try to connect the headset while on the phone with the person already.

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Jan 2 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (error @ Jan 2 2007, 12:16 PM) *
I originally bought the Moto H700, but it was horrible. Then I bought the Plantronics 640, which is like night and day, only problem I've gotten is sometimes when I connect, it sounds like I have a bad connection with the person and I have to disconnect the headset and reconnect and call them back, but after that it's fine. I think it only happens when I try to connect the headset while on the phone with the person already.

I also had the H700. It was great with the 2125 and the MPx220. But with the Blackjack, it was horrible as well. Have you had any dropped calls?

+Quote Post
error
post Jan 2 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,291

No dropped calls yet.

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jan 3 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

I've had no issues with dropped calls on my Blackjack - it performs just like my Audiovox SMT 5600, in that respect.

I don't use a Bluetooth headset, but it I wonder if the Bluetooth implementation / verison on the new Blackjack is "ahead" of the headsets you mention. Could there be Bluetooth version compatibility issues?

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Jan 5 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Gadget Junkie

I just returned the defect and got a new one. Its too bad compared to the old one. I still some static but I am beginning to wonder if its not me nor my phone. I still have two weeks left before my 30-day window is up so I am still testing it, calling up random people. Plus it gives me an excuse to catch up with old friends. LOL.

Y'all take care and I hope this phone improves. I still think a ROM update would be nice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:48 PM