post May 14 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,575
Phone: HTC Hurricane
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
MP3 Player: iPod

I've had to remove the battery on my SDA twice in the last two weeks and I've found that when I restart the phone, my time and date have been reset to a default setting. I've obviously removed the battery before (stupid place to put a memory card, bad HTC), but I don't remember having this problem...

Is there a capacitor that may have gone out or a backup battery that needs to be replaced?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is it supposed to do this when I remove the battery?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post May 15 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Always happens to me when I remove the battery from my i-mate SP5m from day one. To make matters worse, the clock is not updated by the cell towers when the phone is re-started. wacko.gif What was someone thinking???

Interesting though that you don't remember it doing this before. Either your mind has blacked it out to protect you from the bitter disappointment wink.gif - - or, you're losin' it my friend.

Third option, yours used to behave differently. If this is the case, I'd like to know so I can fix mine. It bugs the heck out of me to have to find the correct time from 'somewhere' to reset my clock. Syncing always works, but that's not always an immediate option.

I've bookmarked the US Naval Observatory Master Clock Time just for this purpose.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:30 AM