Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sync E-mail to storage card
LSASr
post Mar 2 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,410

I'd like to sync my email into the storage card rather than base memory.

It seems that you can only sync media files to the storage card according to the 3125 manual.

My recent issues with reboots may have been directly linked to overlaod of the base memory. After clearing stored items the phone, as directed by the Cingular trouble desk, it appears to be working normally.

I need to sync large numbers of emails and attachments, so the storage card is the only option.

I don't want carry a PDA and a 3125, seems very redundant

Thanks

LSASr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 2 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Follow the instructions posted here. It looks like the link to the cab file in that post is broken, so you'll have to apply the registry hack yourself. You'll need a program like Total Commander or PHM RegEdit to change the value.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Mar 2 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I would like to post a fair warning to those that apply this reg edit. I have been a big fan of storing my emails and attachments to my card along with the IE stuff (cache, history, temp). However, recently I defaulted everything back to the phone memory due to a bug it can cause. The common bug with this with WM5 (this phone particularly) is that when you power cycle your phone, sometimes your card won't load quick enough or properly. The phone will see that these things according to the reg need to be on the storage card, so it will make that directory before the card is read, then once the card is read it will write it as Storage Card 2. You will only be able to access it through a file explorer. This becomes a royal pain in the rear because the way to fix it requires you to rename "Storage Card" to something like "Storage CardA", then power cycle the phone. 7 out of 10 times this will do the trick and you simply go in and delete "Storage CardA" and you are all set. It wasn't bad with my phone for the longest time, but it eventually got worse, and with the slow boot times on my phone it became unbearable at the fact that when I powered my phone off, and then turned it on later I would have to go through this process. Sometimes I would get to Storage CardE before it would catch. Just thought I would throw this out there as a fair warning, along with the note that emails don't take up as much space as you would think (even with attachments, depending on what they are).

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
LSASr
post Mar 6 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,410

Thanks for the responses.

I'll try just the email and attachments and see how it works.

At this point need to wait unitl my replacement phone arrives. Still having the reboot issue and Cingular has agreed to replace it.

LSASr

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:07 AM