t3m17
post Dec 21 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,463
Phone: HTC Hurricane
Carrier: Alltel

Has anybody gotten it to work?, if so, how? I had it going on the 220, but the 2125 doesn't have the bluetooth com port setup utility that the 220 had.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 21 2005, 03:43 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

It does but you don't need it. First you need to create a BT COM port on your computer, the process on doing this depends on you which BT stack you are using.

I am using the MS BT stack so I will tell you how to do it with that BT stack:

First pair your phone with your computer, then right click on the BT icon in the task bar and click on "Open Bluetooth Settings". Then click on the COM ports tab. Click the Add button and create an Incomming COM port. Take note the COM number and open up ActiveSync 4.1, click File, Connection Settings and in the drop down box where it says: "Allow connections to one of the following" select the COM port number that you created. Make sure the check box is selected too. Now on your phone go to ActiveSync and hit Menu, Connect Via Bluetooth.

With the Widcomm drivers I beleive you have to right click on the BT icon in the task bar and select Advancted settings or Advanced Options and create a new COM port on the Client Tab.

You do not have to set up the COM ports on the phone!! this is only for BT GPS recievers and other devices that require COM ports on the phone.

For future reference the COM port menu on the 2125 is here: Start, Settings, Connections, Bluetooth, Menu, COM Ports.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
appletnc
post Dec 21 2005, 07:38 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,774
Phone: HP iPAQ h6500
Carrier: Alltel

Is it possible to have the Sync initiated based on proximity? For example, whenever the device is within range of a PC that I have paired with, automatically initiate a sync.

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 21 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

QUOTE (appletnc @ Dec 21 2005, 03:38 AM)
Is it possible to have the Sync initiated based on proximity?  For example, whenever the device is within range of a PC that I have paired with, automatically initiate a sync.

No its not possable, however there is a program (works for WM2003SE, not sure about WM5) that lets you schedule when to sync via BT at certian times. I believe it was called BTAutoSync. However this ablity you speek of could be possiable if an app was made...but I am guessing the coding for this would be difficult...but who knows.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:53 AM