IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with problem.. Pocket Excel.
motorman4life
post Oct 11 2004, 11:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,994

I created a file in Pocket Excel (on my 6315) and was able to open and edit it in MS Works Spreadsheet. I have tried saving it in all available .xls formats, including Excel 2000 and I am unable to later open the file on my PPC in Pocket Excel.

Does anyone have any experience with these programs that could offer a solution?

--------------------
--
~Mark Howard
www.240px.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 12 2004, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Open activesync on your PC and check the conversion that it is set to from PC to PPC, I had this problem with *.ppt that I couldn't open on the PPC until I removed the default conversion rule that was applied.

BTW: Love your Pocket Homepage, it comes in very handy set as my Pocket IE start page.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
motorman4life
post Oct 14 2004, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,994

I can't seem to find an option to check or change the conversion settings in activesync.

And thank you for the complement. If you have any other PDA friendly sites that you encounter or maybe use already, please e-mail me the URLs and I will add them to 240px.com

Also, if there are sites out there that do not currently provide a mobile interface, please do take the time to refer them to my how-to page (at www.240px.com/howto.htm) and encourage them to create a low-bandwidth page for mobile users. Also, after writing them yourself, take a moment to post a message in the general discussion section of MGN to get others to write in to them via customer support or website support to ratchet up the pressure!

I am currently working on hotwire.com
You can send them a "Where is your PDA friendly page" rant at https://www.hotwire.com/customer-care/contact.jsp and/or call them at 1-866-HOTWIRE (1-866-468-9473). Please take a moment to let them know how important a mobile interface is to you.. and let them know their biggest competition (Travelocity) has beat them to the punch with their mobile-friendly site at http://dps1.travelocity.com/

If they want to build customer loyalty, they are going to need to get in the game! A low bandwidth interface is and inexpensive, low-tech, answer to the NEW power-user's demands!

--------------------
--
~Mark Howard
www.240px.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:52 AM