post Feb 27 2007, 05:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,154
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

So my inbox says I have an unread message, although I have read all of my messages and even went through all of my messages just to double check and I found no new ones.

Is there a way to fix this or maybe just delete all my messages at once, instead of doing one by one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 27 2007, 05:37 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I'd first try a power cycle. If that still doesn't fix it, try sending yourself an email and deleting it, then see if the Inbox number is reset. You can enable the Delete All and Mark All as Read function in the menu using the InboxExtender.cab file from this page.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
kidynomite
post Feb 27 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #3

Tried power cycling already. I also tried installing the extender and that didnt work, I already have 9 options on my inbox menu, not sure if thats the issue or if I just installed it wron. To install it all I did was place it in the start menu on my phone and run it. Then turned the phone on and off and nothing changed.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 28 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I just placed it on my storage card and ran it using my File Explorer. I installed it, and now my Messaging menu shows Delete All and Mark All as Read near the bottom of the menu.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 28 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I just accessed the page on my phone (SP5m) using the link from Smeg's post above and it downloaded and installed the cab file without any problems (didn't even have to power cycle the phone). I already had 9 options on my menu too. Now there is an option "0" to "Mark All as Read" and the last option is not numbered. It just says "Delete All". Cool! Those will come in handy!!

However, I did the same thing on my 220 and it didn't work. Those two options are not on the menu, which is 9 options long just like kid's.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
kidynomite
post Mar 18 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #6

So I found a delete all messages option, and it deleted all of them, but that 1 new is still showing, even with the message box being empty.

+Quote Post
awarner
post Mar 18 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #7

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
PocketPC: HTC

As you have deleted the messages what you can now do is to delete the CEmail.vol file in the Storage/Windows directory (think the location is correct, working from memory and it's been a lobg day)
The CEmail.vol contains your recieved messages and you can correct this by using a database editor but as you have already deleted your message it's not worth playing with an editor.

The problem is an old one and has been called the phantom SMS bug.

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
kidynomite
post Mar 19 2007, 01:06 AM
Post #8

I found the file, its just in storage/ but I cant delete it, tried using file manager to do it, also tried doing with the computer, comp says its in use.

+Quote Post
badbob001
post Aug 8 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,092

So does this inboxextender.cab work on the mpx220 or not? I've tried it and I don't see anymore options in my menu, which already has options 1 through 9. Do I need to somehow remove/rearrange the standard menu to make room for the new options?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:55 AM