post May 16 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Life with my PPC has just taken a HUGE step for the better. This may be common knowledge that I just missed somehow...but here's my 'discovery'.

A much missed feature of my Smartphone is the ease of changing "profiles". But, really, the only ones I used were "meeting", "outdoors", and "headset". My meeting profile was set to all sounds off and to vibrate instead. Easy enough to accomplish the same thing on my PPC just by pressing and holding the COMM button and putting the phone into vibrate mode. Outdoors was everything set to loud. It's very easy to turn all the sounds the PPC makes to loud all at the same time by tapping on the volume icon in the top bar and sliding the slider to the top. Works for me.

What I've missed is turning on my BT headset, or plugging in a wired stereo one, and on my Smartphone it would automatically go into headset mode - that I had set to auto answer in a few rings. I have missed this feature sooooooooo much on my PPC.

Well, the answer has been staring at me for quite awhile now, but I didn't recognize it for what it is. There is an option in the phone settings options on the "more" tab called "automatic pickup" where you can check the box to tell the phone to "answer incoming calls without pressing talk" in whatever amount of rings (1-10) that you prefer.

At first, I didn't use the option at all 'cuz I didn't want the phone to auto answer if I wasn't using a headset and the idea of turning it on/off manually each time I was using a headset was not appealing. I just knew I'd forget to turn it off and someday/somewhere my phone would auto answer without me hearing it ring and who knows who would be eavesdropping on who knows what!

But, I'm extremely lame at answering my BT headset...no matter which one I've ever used (and, I've tried/had many) I usually end up either never successfully answering the call or answering then immediately hanging up on the caller. Or, my hands are occupied and I can't even try to answer the phone. So, I HAD to start using the auto answer feature and try to remember to turn it off when I stopped using the headset. As expected, I eventually forgot to turn it off...

But, as it turns out, the feature only works when you are using a headset! Who knew? I didn't.

So, now I have the box checked to auto answer and if I'm using a headset it will, but if my headset is turned off/not plugged in then the phone will ring until I answer it, or until it goes to voicemail.

Excellent. Life if good...better.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rainbow2009
post Apr 29 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,924

pret auto

laugh.gif biggrin.gif highly appriciate your post!!!
LG=life's good smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:48 PM