KennyC
post Jan 6 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,431
Phone: Voq
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

I just received a Sierra Wireless Voq V11 Smartphone. Phone calls and SMS work great on it. I don't use data, so that isn't an issue.

What I'm unable to do, however, is call any "Cingular" numbers. This includes Voicemail (+19802548962) and Customer Service (611). When I try to do so, I instantly get the generic 'invalid number' tone. What's strange is that the phone successfully downloaded the correct voicemail number AND alerts me that I have new voicemail waiting. I also am unable to dial my own number, probably because Cingular reroutes it to voicemail.

The same thing happens on two other known-working SIM cards in the phone. If I didn't know better, I'd say Cingular is blocking the device...can they even do that?

Any ideas? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KennyC
post Jan 6 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #2

Whoops, perhaps I spoke too soon. Just popped in my wife's SIM and it worked fine!

Guess I'll be getting a new SIM from Cingular...

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jan 6 2007, 06:50 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

What method exactly are you using to call your voicemail? I've always just press and held 1, and it worked no problems. The 611 issue is odd though. Let us know if the new SIM fixes your issue.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
KennyC
post Jan 12 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #4

Problem solved!

Got a new SIM card but the problem still remained. Eventually I noticed a trend that I could call everyone in my contacts, but no other numbers. Changed the Caller ID option of "Send Caller ID Information" from "Only my contacts" to "Everyone" and all it well! Apparently Cingular has security where if the network doesn't recognize your Caller ID info as being a Cingular number, it won't let the call go through.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 PM