Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 1
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: murphy dot sean at g mail dot com

MGN User Robert Drexler just pointed me to Wapzon.com who now has an even lower price on the MPx (300). At only $790 USD this is the lowest on the net at this point. In order to order they require you you sign up as a member which is not thrilling to most I know. It does show in stock and we have emails in to see if they will ship to the US. I would be tempted but without the 850 Mhz GSM band, it is dead in my eyes.

Check it out...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jan 25 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Did you see BengalBoys review of the final production over at Howards. He ripped the final product.

Mark (Bengalboy) says "Trust Me, no one wanted more for the MpX than me......after using the MpX and the RaZr....I immediately bought stock in Motorola, the RaZr has proven to be a "HUGE WINNER" shipping over 3 times more units than Motorola projected and making Motorola the Darling of Stock Market Analysts right now..... Unfortunately,,the MpX will do as much to destroy that new "Bleeding Edge" customer support as the RaZr has in creating it. My advice to those who want this phone,,,,,,get a JAM!!......get a PDA2k.....buy don't buy this device.."

See his great pictures and discussion here: BengalBoy Blasts MPX

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
WaKe
post Jan 25 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,621

Prices are getting better, now if only cingular would release that way I can get one for a resonable price.

~WaKe

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Jan 26 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,050

QUOTE (abatis @ Jan 25 2005, 03:02 PM)
Did you see BengalBoys review of the final production over at Howards. He ripped the final product.

Mark (Bengalboy) says "Trust Me, no one wanted more for the MpX than me......after using the MpX and the RaZr....I immediately bought stock in Motorola, the RaZr has proven to be a "HUGE WINNER" shipping over 3 times more units than Motorola projected and making Motorola the Darling of Stock Market Analysts right now..... Unfortunately,,the MpX will do as much to destroy that new "Bleeding Edge" customer support as the RaZr has in creating it. My advice to those who want this phone,,,,,,get a JAM!!......get a PDA2k.....buy don't buy this device.."

See his great pictures and discussion here: BengalBoy Blasts MPX

Yes that is what you can read at all the other forums early buyers have to say about the MPx300, it has way to little free ram to run decent programs on, only a couple of kb left after pocket pc loads into the 32MB. The 200mhz OMAP processor seems to be to slow as well for multimedia and multitasking.
It is a shame that this site (mpx200.org) is hyping the product without actually knowing/having reviewed, testest the actual performance. More reserve should be in place towards uninformed readers who may build up to many expectations about this $780 device. Some Motorola engineers seem already have stated unofficially that the MPx300 successor will be the thing to go for but that the current MPx isn' t all that.

+Quote Post
Sean
post Jan 26 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #5

Site Founder
Group Icon

QUOTE (Oudkerk @ Jan 25 2005, 09:04 PM)
It is a shame that this site (mpx200.org) is hyping the product without actually knowing/having reviewed, testest the actual performance. More reserve should be in place towards uninformed readers who may build up to many expectations about this $780 device. Some Motorola engineers seem already have stated unofficially that the MPx300 successor will be the thing to go for but that the current MPx isn' t all that.

It is true that I and several other editors have not personally reviewed the MPx. A couple of us have seen it up close and personal. I an trying to see what harm there is reporting about a new low price if I have held the device or not. My only editorial comment here was about the 850 Mhz band and it was NOT HYPE and not even positive. If you want, go back through the archives. You will see that it is not all roses. We try very hard to show both sides of arguments. We try to be fair and through, and to report on all news, we will continue to report on, and link to stuff that we do not have first hand experience with. That is what the "Read more" links are for.

By the way Abatis quotes others work and first hand reviews and is not passing judgment himself.

--------------------
Sean Murphy
Editor
Mobile Gadget News

Main Devices - Cingular 8125, Sony/Ericsson GC83 Edge Card, PSP, Creative ZEN PMC, iPod Nano, Mobile Crossing BT GPS

+Quote Post
Sean
post Jan 26 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #6

Site Founder
Group Icon

QUOTE (WaKe @ Jan 25 2005, 04:29 PM)
Prices are getting better, now if only cingular would release that way I can get one for a resonable price.

~WaKe

Cingular is the Key, they will add 850 Mhz GSM and then it maybe worthwhile.

--------------------
Sean Murphy
Editor
Mobile Gadget News

Main Devices - Cingular 8125, Sony/Ericsson GC83 Edge Card, PSP, Creative ZEN PMC, iPod Nano, Mobile Crossing BT GPS

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jan 26 2005, 03:50 AM
Post #7

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

It is a shame that this site (mpx200.org) is hyping the product without actually knowing/having reviewed,

I really thought MGN was just passing information on to our viewers. Sean said it was for sale = fact. I linked a review by a respected reviewer. We are giving everyone the information, be it first or second hand. I think as Editors we are simply giving our viewers straight forward information.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
Sina Loghavi
post Mar 28 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,254
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wapzon really sucks, I've had the worst experience ever with them. I recommend people staying away from them as their service is below 0 with many lies included.

Sina Loghavi
sina2b@gmail.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:33 AM