Xeno
post Sep 24 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,190
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel

I am not interested in the case for the 3125 put out by Krusel and the one by Cingular has no image so I don't know although the description is of some interest. What I really want is a case by Vaya. Will there be such a case by Vaya or a comparable company?

I also need another headset and charger for my 3125 that simply duplicates what came with the unit. I travel a good deal and will always forget something critical unless I have two sets.

Thanks.

--------------------
Cingular 3125, MPX 220 1.43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 24 2006, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I'm not sure about the headset and charger (Cingular can probably sell you one, but it'll cost way more than ot should). Vaja is always open to making cases for new phones. One of the main ways they decide if they are going to or not is the amount of requesta they get for it. I'd write them an email asking about the possibility of the case, and urge anyone with a 3125 to do the same. Their cases are the best available.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
xole
post Sep 25 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 174

FWIW this is the response I got about the case....

"At present that model is not in our immediate manufacturing plans.

Anyway, thank you very much for your interest in our cases "

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Sep 26 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (xole @ Sep 25 2006, 04:30 PM) *
FWIW this is the response I got about the case....

"At present that model is not in our immediate manufacturing plans.

Anyway, thank you very much for your interest in our cases "

Thanks. That being the case may I ask opinions on other options?

Okay, now I have the accessories I want except a case. I am getting ready to fly next week and don't want an unprotected 3125 being throw around on those TSA tubs.

Does anyone know if the 'spring clip' on the Krusell phone at http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productI...&category=6 is removable? I also wondered if this case on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/Leather-case-for-Cingu...1QQcmdZViewItem - and a site by ZxPro - http://zxpro.com/catalog/product_18102_Lea...ck_cat_613.html -looks as cheap to others as it does to me. Unfortunately this is a design I could work with, but the leather looks odd.

Or anybody know anything about this case - http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/product/Et..._Tradition.html The photos make me think this is my current favorite but I don't know that it would reach me in time for my Oct 5 trip even if I order it today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 26 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

You can remove the clip nub on the back of the phone, leaving just the flat plastic multidapt connector. It adds very little bulk without the nub there. You can see a video about it here. I've also apparently been pronouncing the company name wrong. According to the video it's pronounced crew sell.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Sep 27 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #6

Gadget Junkie

I think I want this case - http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/product/Et..._Tradition.html - even though it will not help me with next week's trip. Any ideas of it can handle the extra bulk of the extended battery for the Cingular 3125? I sent email to them, but no reply. They advertise it for the Qtek 8500, HTC Start Trek, and Dopod s300.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleScooby
post Sep 29 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 352

QUOTE (Xeno @ Sep 27 2006, 04:58 AM) *
I think I want this case - http://www.noreve.com/langue/en/product/Et..._Tradition.html - even though it will not help me with next week's trip. Any ideas of it can handle the extra bulk of the extended battery for the Cingular 3125? I sent email to them, but no reply. They advertise it for the Qtek 8500, HTC Start Trek, and Dopod s300.

This seems to be the big question. What is the best case for the Cingular 3125 with the extended battery? Nobody seems to know. I e-mailed Vaja and received no response yet. I guess I'm going to have to settle for something until Vaja gets their act together. But what do I settle for? Anyone? There must be a decent one out there that handles the extended battery just fine and looks nice and is functional, etc.

That Noreve model looks good but does anyone have it? Does it let the phone close all the way and how does it handle the bigger battery?

This post has been edited by LittleScooby: Sep 29 2006, 12:09 AM

+Quote Post
LittleScooby
post Sep 29 2006, 03:09 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Xeno @ Sep 27 2006, 04:58 AM) *

Looks like the review of the Noreve case is out:

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=porta...iews&id=864

4 out of 5 stars. It sounds okay, but I dunno.

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Sep 29 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #9

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (LittleScooby @ Sep 28 2006, 10:09 PM) *
Looks like the review of the Noreve case is out:

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=porta...iews&id=864

4 out of 5 stars. It sounds okay, but I dunno.

Well, I wish I had seen this review before placing my order (brown, not black). With all the imperfections I wonder if it is too late to cancel.

I'm not sure how much I will use a case when I get it. I was thinking primarily of when I travel and how airport tubs throw around our electronic equipment so I wanted some protection. In the meantime, the photo I saw made it look like an addition.

I did send email to the company asking if the case actually fit the Cingular 3125 considering that it had a bulge from the extended battery. They said yes. I wonder if this would actually make it worse in terms of the flap coming loose? Would it also causes misses like the opening for the camera on the cable port?

It will be disappointing to pay all the postage from France to US to France if I don't stop the order and find it unfit for service. But thanks for the link. The information was very helpful.

This post has been edited by Xeno: Sep 29 2006, 04:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
LittleScooby
post Sep 29 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Xeno @ Sep 29 2006, 07:12 AM) *
It will be disappointing to pay all the postage from France to US to France if I don't stop the order and find it unfit for service. But thanks for the link. The information was very helpful.

Yeah, the thing about the flap is what I don't like the most. And the camera port showing black bars on the sides, and the case coming apart. I think they could have made those things better. I don't see why a big flap is needed, seems redundant, or overkill.

Hopefully Vaja makes a case but I don't know if they will. They have no phone number and they sometimes don't answer all of their e-mail questions.

This post has been edited by LittleScooby: Sep 29 2006, 11:47 PM

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Sep 30 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #11

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (LittleScooby @ Sep 29 2006, 06:46 PM) *
Yeah, the thing about the flap is what I don't like the most. And the camera port showing black bars on the sides, and the case coming apart. I think they could have made those things better. I don't see why a big flap is needed, seems redundant, or overkill.

Hopefully Vaja makes a case but I don't know if they will. They have no phone number and they sometimes don't answer all of their e-mail questions.

Xole reported earlier in this thread that he got email from Vaja saying they would not make a case that we could use.

Looking at that review again this morning, I guess I need to cancel my order but then that leaves me with no satisfactory option.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:18 PM