Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> T Mobile Dash SIM UNLOCK
Ato3
post Dec 20 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,200

Is there any way I can unlock T-Mobile Dash for free?

Thank you very mouch!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 21 2006, 03:18 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I don't think there is yet. The only reliable way I know if is using http://www.imei-check.co.uk/. I haven't really searched around though, so if you do find a better way please do let us know.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Dec 26 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

If you are a T-Mobile customer with on a contract account that you have had for at least 90 days, then you can just ask them for the unlock code. I know in the past (former T-Mo customer) that they haven't had any problems unlocking my phones for me. The same can now be said about Cingular (at least I have had luck, they have unlocked my last two 3125's for me, but I think you have to have a decent reason before they will entertain the thought).

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 26 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Gryphon -

1st of all...how many 3125s have you had? What happened to the one's prior to your current one? I'm asking,not just to be nosey, but want to know if there is anything I should watch for specifically with our new 3125.

2nd...what is an example of a "decent reason" used to ask Cingular to unlock your phone?

3rd...you posted awhile back that IMEI Check unlocked one of your 3125s...was there a reason why Cingular would not unlock that one?

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Dec 27 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I am on my third 3125. The first one that I had unlocked by IMEI felt flimsy (hinge). The second one had a data connection issue where once the data connection dropped or I reset the phone it would go days, or a reset on the Cingular side inorder to get data going again. Cingular unlocked this one for me at my request. I explained to them that I am an Active Duty Marine (my Cingular account reflects that via discount group), and that with my job, I could be deployed at a moments notice. Given that Cingular doesn't cover the entire world with international roaming, I explained that I could easily find myself in one of those places not covered, so I would like my phone unlocked so I would be able to use a local SIM of whatever country. I guess they thought that was a good enough reason because I got a call back a few hours later with my unlock code. I don't think that they would be willing to unlock phones for people to switch carriers, or to save money on international roaming, so that is why I said a decent reason.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 28 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I see. Thanks for the info. I don't have any decent reason I suppose. Glad, since I just paid $40 to have IMEI Check unlock it for me! biggrin.gif I don't suppose Cingular would have been too willing to unlock it for me so it could be used on T-mo! laugh.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:34 PM