post Nov 8 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,781
Phone: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

was not sure where to post this for the dash but i will start here.Not seeing a lot of info on this device here but i picked it up and it is a nice small unit with a good size screen . seems to work much smother and faster than the MDA i was using.Anyway my question i have played around with gprs and the proxy settings and seem to get internet and t zones with my $5.99 Tmobile web package but can not seem to get pop 3 email to work like it did on the MDA is this something that tmobile has blocked out unless we pay for total internet or has any one figured it out

Thanks
Jeff
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Nov 8 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

What POP3 email are you using? It could be since you are using a proxy the port your email needs to connect to isn't open and available. That would explain how you are able to get web access but not POP access. If you got the total internet plan it would definitely work. If you don't plan on using T-Mobile wifi Hotspots (basically Starbucks), you don't have to get the $30/month plan though. You can go to the T-Mobile website and change your phone to a Blackberry, then sign up for the $19.99 Blackberry plan. It's basically the same thing without the hotspots. The only difference is you have to use the wap.voicestream.com AP instead of internet2.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
reydiodj
post Nov 14 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #3

MS-MVP / Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 39
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Creative Zen

irayvin - were you able to resolve your email problem? I'm receiving POP3 just fine on mine, although I am subscribed to T-Mobile Internet Unlimited (which is basically their Total Internet plan minus HotSpot access) for $19.99 - much like smeg36's suggestion wink.gif .

--------------------
Rey Flores
Microsoft MVP: Windows - Mobile Devices
Editor Emeritus - MGN
Blogs: Reydio Static / Smartphone & PPC Magazine Expert Blog
Chair: http://www.mobilecomputingsig.com
Board of Experts: http://www.PocketPCmag.com/awards
Mobile Community Series Co-Host: http://www.computeroutlook.com

Primary Devices: T-Mobile Dash
Alternate Devices: Sidekick 3/i-mate JASJAR
Mobile Accessories: Aliph Jawbone/Samsung WEP200/Scala 500, ALK Co-Pilot GPS receiver, Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard, Microsoft Zune, Sony PSP

+Quote Post
teds
post Jan 2 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,178

I just upgraded from SDA to Dash and was very pleased that with the T-Zone web package (which I simply continued from my SDA) I am still able to have full Internet access as well as full email access to my 2 accounts (with the added Dash advantage of non-text message alerts when I have new mail). It also (like the SDA but without having to dial *99# can act as a modem for my laptop. It also runs Skype either through Wi-fi or Edge which the SDA would not do. In sum, I can do everything I could with the SDA and more.

Like the SDA, when I delete an email from the Dash, it removes it from my server. The manual says that if I delete an email from the Dash it stays on the server. This is similar to SDA. While it is generally better for me to be able to remove from server when I remove from Dash, there might be times when I would like it saved. Is there a setting that allows me the option to do either?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jan 2 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Are you using an Exchange server to get your email? I thought Exchange was one of the few things that didn't work with T-Zones. At least it didn't back when I had T-Mobile. That'd be great if it did now though.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
teds
post Jan 2 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,178

The email accounts were POP3 and IMAP that had already been set up on my.t-mobile.com
They were not from Exchange.

+Quote Post
Eye of Horus
post Jan 8 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 14,467
Phone: Dopod s300

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jan 2 2007, 12:41 PM) *
Are you using an Exchange server to get your email? I thought Exchange was one of the few things that didn't work with T-Zones. At least it didn't back when I had T-Mobile. That'd be great if it did now though.

I am using Exchange Server to get my Outlook email. Works great! Direct Push Email!
So easy to set up; in fact, I set it up myself, never even needed to contact my company's IT dept.

$5.99 package sure beats more expensive plans from another carrier AND having to pay fee for Blackberry or Goodlink license!
WM5 is excellent!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:37 AM