Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

Samsung i730

Attached Image

MobileTechReview have a very deep review of this very cool device: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/samsung-i730.htm

Conclusion
The Swiss Army Knife of Pocket PC phones. It has everything except a camera: Bluetooth, WiFi, EVDO, an AV remote, excellent thumb keyboard and voice recognition. Not only that, it's quite compact, especially with the standard battery. If you're a power user craving serious processing power, plenty of memory and triple wireless, the i730 beckons. The keyboard slider is well made and has nice spring-loaded action and the keyboard itself is on par with the Treo 650. The screen is vibrant and bright, incoming call volume is good enough for even noisy places and Bluetooth plays well with all the headsets we tested. Samsung includes nice goodies in the box: both a standard and extended battery, a folding cradle which can charge both batteries, a stereo headset and a spare stylus. Not bad, though the Samsung isn't perfect. Battery life isn't stellar, you must turn off the phone to use WiFi and the buttons are maddeningly easy to press by accident. Yes it has a key lock slider, but who wants to use that to carry the phone from one room to the next? Gamers won't be happy that the i730 doesn't support simultaneous button presses. And of course, as per Verizon's rule, it doesn't support Bluetooth DUN.

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Feb 28 2006, 01:32 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

This is my primary device. The best PPC I have owned yet plus EVDO on Verizon is killer fast. I recommend this device to anyone that needs highspeed connection and a good phone. I added Intellidialer to make it perfect for me.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 28 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Yeah, its a good one no doubt. I recently switched from it to a 700w. I'll be posting my Pros/Cons list between it and the 700w tomorrow.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:11 PM