> Blackjack(I) With WM6 - Questions
sexconker
post Feb 19 2008, 08:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,145
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

I just got a new blackjack (for the antenna recall) and I plopped WM6 on it.

1: It seems sluggish. I'd love to install smarttweaker on it and try some of the speedup tips, but I can't seem to find the installer for smart tweaker. (I paid for it on my old phone). Any way to transfer over the installtion from my old blackjack to my new blackjack? (I did pay for smart tweaker, and my e-mails to their support address have gone unanswered).

Or, is there any quick registry tweak to speed up the phone a bit (I have a 2GB storage card so I don't give a crap if my phone space is used up more for a cache of some sort)

2: How do I change the windows splash screen? (ms_splash.png) I've replaced the file with the one I want to use, but it looks like it's pulling the damned picture from somewhere else.

I want to use this http://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/20...8/a-metroid.jpg but I can't seem to get rid of that standard windows splash... is it stored in the rom somewhere (which would require some sort of hacked build and a reflash...)? (And if so - why the ^*&& include the .png in the filesystem...)

3: How do I change the startup and shutdown sounds? WAIT! I know what you're thinking. "Delete the OEM blah blah". I did that. That successfully removed the woosh noise and the damned ATT 3G pictures. I have my own pictures in place now, and I'd like to add my own sounds too. I've tried dropping the files in to \Windows\ and even \MyDocuments\ or whatever it likes the ringtones to be in. I've set up the "Sound" entry in the registry (both Shutdown and Startup) but neither of them seem to take. sad.gif

4: I get e-mails. A lot. Can I direct these e-mails to save on my SD card instead of on the phone? (I don't download attachments, so it's not that big of an issue.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Feb 19 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #2

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

Somewhere there is a tweak to make phone faster but I can't seem to find it. The other option is to make it a habit to kill the processes in the task manager. You do know that press+hold on the "HOME" button will shortcut you to the built task manager. There you can see the processes and stop them.

You kill the sounds and change the image on startup and shutdown when you follow my Splash Tweaks.

The BlackJack is freakin' cool.

+Quote Post
sexconker
post Feb 19 2008, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,145
Phone: Cingular Blackjack

QUOTE (SkippyTheNurse @ Feb 19 2008, 12:32 AM) *
Somewhere there is a tweak to make phone faster but I can't seem to find it. The other option is to make it a habit to kill the processes in the task manager. You do know that press+hold on the "HOME" button will shortcut you to the built task manager. There you can see the processes and stop them.

You kill the sounds and change the image on startup and shutdown when you follow my Splash Tweaks.

The BlackJack is freakin' cool.

Yeah
I was able to kill the sounds, but I want to make it play my own sounds on startup / shutdown.
I was able to change the startup / shutdown animation (ATT / 3G) to my own GIFs, but the "Windows Mobile" splash screen still shows up before the startup pic. I'd like to replace that as well.

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Feb 20 2008, 07:14 AM
Post #4

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 8,753
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

The "Windows Mobile" splash is something you can't change on the Black Jack. You will need a ROM Flashing software for that. It just hasn't been created yet.

+Quote Post
jupiter Joe
post Mar 14 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,204
MP3 Player: Creative

To change the startup and shutdown sounds you need to copy a start.wav file and a stop.wav file into the windows folder on the phone. These should be no more than 4 seconds long for the normal startup splash screens. I found that I could copy files from my PC over to the Windows folder on the phone to replace the original files. Note: you will need to unlock applications on the phone to overwrite the original start.wav and stop.wav files.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:33 PM