Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spectrec MiniSD Wifi Card on Mpx220
Hulkster
post Aug 8 2005, 02:18 AM
Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,004

Anyone have any news if that spectrec minisd wifi card works on the mpx220 and not a stupid, bulky IPAQ crap???

Are drivers avaliable or have to use the ones for pocket pc at the spectrec site??

Thanks!!

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 8 2005, 03:02 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I think the Spectec miniSD wifi card is still in development, so nobody really knows for sure what devices it will work with. I read this thread at Modaco where nedge2k has had contact with Spectec. They assure him it will work with Smartphones, so it is looking good.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Aug 8 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Aug 7 2005, 11:02 PM)
I think the Spectec miniSD wifi card is still in development, so nobody really knows for sure what devices it will work with.  I read this thread at Modaco where nedge2k has had contact with Spectec.  They assure him it will work with Smartphones, so it is looking good.

It will only work on the MPx 220 or any other smartphone with a hotswapable miniSD slot. So you can rule the SMT and its varrients out, not only that but the SMT and its varients miniSD hardware is not SDIO. The MPx 220 is SDIO and requires drivers, wish it was SDIO NOW! then it wouldn't need drivers from the manufactuer.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
Hulkster
post Aug 8 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #4

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,004

QUOTE (omega2008 @ Aug 8 2005, 06:21 PM)
It will only work on the MPx 220 or any other smartphone with a hotswapable miniSD slot. So you can rule the SMT and its varrients out, not only that but the SMT and its varients miniSD hardware is not SDIO. The MPx 220 is SDIO and requires drivers, wish it was SDIO NOW! then it wouldn't need drivers from the manufactuer.

Awesome! Now I know the drivers will be made for the card. Thanks to omega and everyone for responses!!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Aug 18 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

QUOTE (Hulkster @ Aug 8 2005, 07:47 PM)
Awesome! Now I know the drivers will be made for the card. Thanks to omega and everyone for responses!!

Well I have some bad news on this, I have recently found out that the MPx 220 is NOT SDIO compatable and can not use the miniSD wi fi card. The SMT also falls under this as well.....the funny thing is that so many people that I know from Motorola told me that it was.....oh well sorry if I mislead anyone.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:00 PM