Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

QUOTE (xpisme @ Sep 26 2005, 09:07 AM)
I've run all 3 cab files. After I reboot, the welcome screen (after the audiovox screen) shows TMobile and when I make a call, it shows TMobile logo on the top; so that's all good.

However, on the Home screen (one with the Start & Contacts button), it's still showing Cingular (the phone was from AT&T, after I unlock and put in my TMobile SIM, it shows Cingular biggrin.gif). Does anyone know why my HOme screen still showing Cingular and how to get rid of it?

Thanks,

That is because of your phone in general. T-Mobile aquired towers from Cingular in many areas, and it is simply how your phone reads it. Mine is the same way, and there is really nothing other than a reg edit to change that fact...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
v2comp
post Nov 17 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,543
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

I have been looking for this for a couple of days and now ive found this forum, a.k.a. HOLY GRAIL of smt 5600 with t mobile info for MMS......Thanks for everything....

+Quote Post
mrfootball32
post Dec 27 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 10,834

I finally got mms working. I had all my settings correct but still couldn't get it to work. Found out that when you send mms for the first time it registers you on your providers network and updates your phones network settings with them. If it has been a while since you sent your first mms and/or you switched phones, the settings on their network may be outdated and not mesh with your phone. So, for all those still trying-

Call your provider's tech support, turn off your phone, and have them delete your profile from thier mms network. when you send a new message it will update your phone and thier network with all the current settings. Good Luck!

+Quote Post
abatis
post Dec 28 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #24

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Good info mrfootball32. Also if anyone has new settings I can update the CAB. However, my Voq is working fine with the the included settings for MMS.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
dmobile
post Aug 24 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 13,241
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: T-Mobile
MP3 Player: iPod
Google Talk ID: drburcham

I love my phone but can't get it working now that I switched to T-Mobile. I have a Cingular phone that I unlocked. It's working fine for voice and text, but I can't get MMS or Internet service working at all.

I've run all 3 .cab files and I've followed the link below that gives settings for GPRS. HOWEVER, I can't choose MMS Network when I go into GPRS setups. It's not in the list. How/where do I add it? (I have the full data plan and I've tested MMS with other phones to make sure it's working) I'm not sure that's the problem, but it's the only part of the instructions that I haven't been able to try.

This is a great forum and it looks like quite a few people have been successful, so thanks for any help you can give.

This post has been edited by dmobile: Aug 24 2006, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:11 PM