Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I had to turn off Google Buzz in my gmail account. If you don't want your gmail life out on the net you should turn Buzz off in your account as well. It is on by default - Shame on Google, I may quite gmail.

From Newsfactor:If you have Gmail, you may be live on Google Buzz. Without realizing it, your e-mail and personal data, including contacts, became exposed to public scrutiny. Gmail users were automatically added to Google Buzz with no privacy warning. Even Facebook, the subject of lawsuits and attacks by privacy advocates, doesn't automatically spill all the beans.

After facing criticism and a lawsuit or two involving its privacy policies, Facebook can at least tell its critics that it's better than Google Buzz. By being part of the new Gmail social-networking service unveiled this week by the search giant, users are automatically exposing their Google profile, including their e-mail, to everyone who can do a Google search. And if that's not bad enough, the default setting allows anyone who connects with you to see your list of contacts. You can disable that setting, but then those contacts won't be accessible for sharing photos, links and daily witty updates.
Read more at NewsFactor

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:41 PM